New Server Clock Generator is CK440Q-Compliant
Press Release Summary:
- Features PCIe Gen5 and UPI v2.0-compliant clocks for 32GT/s SerDes
- Supports multiple CPU socket topologies, ranging from self-contained single socket to modular multi-socket approaches
- Designed for next-generation Intel platforms used in high-performance computing and data center applications
Original Press Release:
Renesas Expands Data Center Solutions Portfolio with Industry’s First CK440Q-Compliant Clock Generator for PCIe Gen5 and Beyond
Low-Jitter Timing Solution Provides Centralized Clock Generator for Next-Generation Intel Servers, Strengthens Renesas’ Compute and Cloud Solutions Lineup
TOKYO, Japan, February 4, 2021 ― Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced the availability of the low-jitter 9SQ440 clock generator IC designed for next-generation Intel platforms used in high-performance computing and data center applications. The latest in a long line of PCIe industry firsts from Renesas, the 9SQ440 is the industry’s first CK440Q-compliant server clock generator. Developed for the Intel CK440Q specification and future Intel® Xeon® processor requirements, the 9SQ440 provides customers a flexible, robust, and high-performance synthesizer to address PCIe Gen5 design challenges.
Customers can combine the newest member of Renesas’ comprehensive portfolio of data center solutions with the company’s broader lineup of PCIe timing solutions, including PCIe Gen5 clock buffers, and its portfolio of infrastructure power and smart power stage (SPS) devices to address their complete data center solution needs.
“PCIe clock generators are the heart of PCIe timing and with tighter specification requirements for the latest standard, PCIe Gen5-compliant clock generators like the 9SQ440 provide significant design flexibility and margin for customers,” said Bobby Matinpour, Vice President, Data Center Business Division at Renesas. “Leveraging our industry-leading timing technology and IP, we are excited to continue bringing industry-first production-qualified devices to market for PCIe Gen5 and beyond with PCIe Gen6-ready devices.”
The 9SQ440 serves as a centralized clock generator for server CPU and PCIe clocks. It features a total of 20 differential outputs as well as industry-leading jitter performance – less than 50fs RMS of PCIe Gen5 common clock phase jitter – to meet the timing requirements for topologies ranging from simple, single-board 2-socket to complex, modular multi-socket systems.
Key Features of the 9SQ440 Clock Generator
- PCIe Gen5 and UPI v2.0-compliant clocks for 32GT/s SerDes
- PCIe Gen5 with <50fs RMS phase jitter, below specification requirements, to deliver better design margin
- 7 dedicated 100MHz outputs w/7 OE# pins
- 3 dedicated 25MHz platform time outputs
- 1 dedicated 25MHz platform time daisy chain output
- 9 mux outputs selectable between 100MHz or 25MHz
- Supports multiple CPU socket topologies, ranging from a self-contained single socket to modular multi-socket approaches
- 0%, -0.3% and -0.5% spread spectrum clocking
- 8x8mm 100-pin dual-row QFN with 0.5mm pitch
As the market leader in silicon timing, Renesas offers a “one-stop-shop” for compute and cloud timing solutions, offering expertise and products from full-featured system solutions to simple clock building-block devices.
The 9SQ440 is available now. For more information on Renesas’ complete portfolio of PCIe clock timing solutions, please visit renesas.com/pcietiming.
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) delivers trusted embedded design innovation with complete semiconductor solutions that enable billions of connected, intelligent devices to enhance the way people work and live. A global leader in microcontrollers, analog, power, and SoC products, Renesas provides comprehensive solutions for a broad range of automotive, industrial, Infrastructure, and IoT applications that help shape a limitless future. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Renesas Electronics Corporation