Press Release Summary:
- Designed to deliver high productivity and long tool life when turning tool steels and other hardened materials
- Patented ceramic binder structure and TiN/TiAlN/TiN coating provides extreme wear resistance even at elevated cutting speeds
- Used for high-volume production of hardened gears, shafts, bearings, housings and other drivetrain components
Original Press Release:
Kennametal Makes Hard Turning More Cost-Effective
New KBH10B and KBH20B PcBN grades deliver higher productivity and lower cost per part
Kennametal today announced its latest innovation in hard turning-KBH10B and KBH20B PcBN grades, double-sided inserts for materials up to 65 HRC.
The new grades are specially designed to deliver higher productivity and longer tool life when turning tool steels and other hardened materials.
“Kennametal’s new KBH10B and KBH20B grade inserts are an excellent choice for high-volume production of hardened gears, shafts, bearings, housings, and other drivetrain components, where tooling cost per part is an important metric”, said Robert Keilmann, Product Manager, Turning.
Polycrystalline cubic boron nitride (PcBN) mini-tipped inserts have long been recognized as a great option for reducing part cost when turning hardened steel components. Kennametal’s new grades of PcBN inserts improve upon that value proposition by delivering increased productivity with a lower cost per part. Features include:
- Patented ceramic binder structure and TiN/TiAlN/TiN coating that provides extreme wear resistance even at elevated cutting speeds.
- A gold PVD coating makes it easy to identify when an insert needs indexing, while the numbered corners assure that a machine operator won’t inadvertently switch to a used edge.
- Two edge preparations in a “trumpet” style hone for heavier and interrupted cuts, and a light hone for continuous turning. Both are free-cutting, further extending tool life and generating surface finishes down to 0.2 Ra.
- The PcBN mini-tips are offered in four insert shapes—three rhomboidal and one triangular—which means up to six cutting edges per insert.
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com/AM. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
1600 Technology Way
PO Box 231
Latrobe, PA 15650-0231
Phone : +1 724 539 8033
1600 Technology Way
Latrobe, PA 15650
Phone : +1 724 539 5708
Fax : -