Press Release Summary:
- Removes many of the trim pots and jumpers associated with typical motor controls, reducing costs on hardware and setup
- Include 1.37 form factor, 1% base speed regulation and 60:1 speed range
- Base DCL units are Modbus capable and come with one trim pot for calibrating maximum speed and two DIP switches for closed / open loop operation
Original Press Release:
American Control Electronics Releases DCL Series: Low Voltage DC Drive with Snap-on Programmable Board Option
South Beloit, IL – April 6, 2019 – American Control Electronics (ACE) introduces the DCL series, a low voltage, brushless motor control that operates in the 12-48 VDC power bandwidth, up to 30 amps peak (1 minute) or 15 amps continuously. The unique design of the DCL removes many of the trim pots and jumpers associated with typical motor controls, reducing costs on hardware and setup.
American Control Electronics can easily customize the DCL drive for specific OEM applications and motors. For users who wish to modify calibration in the field, the DCL uses programmer board CPC300-1 (sold separately) that snaps onto the unit and provides calibration of 10 different parameters, as well as DIP switches for setting different modes of operation. A single CPC300-1, acting as the adder board, can be removed after programming and used with multiple DCL units. Base DCL units are Modbus capable and come with one trim pot for calibrating maximum speed, and two DIP switches for closed / open loop operation, as well as inverting the hall effect feedback.
Highlights of the DCL series include:
- ACE Footprint: Traditional ACE mounting pattern and footprint
- Field Supply: Voltage output to energize the field winding of a shunt-wound motor
- Stopping Modes: Inhibit (N.O.) for coasting to a stop – can be used for frequent starting and stopping
- Diagnostic LEDs: Current Limit
- 1.37 Form Factor
- 1% Base Speed Regulation
- 60:1 Speed Range
For specific product information, please visit the following links:
About American Control Electronics
American Control Electronics (ACE) is an electronics manufacturer located in South Beloit, IL and parent company for the Minarik Drives brand. American Control Electronics designs and produces a wide variety of AC & DC electronic control systems and power products used in industrial, commercial, EV, medical, and home automation markets. American Control Electronics has also developed several “Green” products that control motors from battery and/or photovoltaic power. The Minarik Drives brand has a 60-year reputation and is the standard for products in its class. American Control Electronics designs unique product solutions to meet the specific needs of its customers.
All products are proudly designed and built in South Beloit Illinois.
Agency Contact: Julie Eleftheriou | [email protected] | 952.913.3065
Company Contact: Michael Viola I michael.viola@ amcntrl.com I 815.624.6933