Press Release Summary:
- Includes rotary DC servo motor with encoder mounted to moving brushless linear motor driven positioning stage
- Uses brushless linear motor BLDM-C08 to generate continuous force of 26 lb [115.5 N] and peak force of 78 lb [347 N] with a stroke length of 30 in. [768 mm]
- Features combined linear and rotary displacement that is capable of full 360-degree rotation and is ideal for precision motion control applications that require coordinated linear and rotary positioning
Original Press Release:
Two Axis X-Theta Positioning System
The SRT-030/360-026-01 is a two axis X-Theta positioning system ideal for precision motion control applications that require coordinated linear and rotary positioning. The 2 axis system consists of a rotary DC servo motor with encoder mounted to a moving brushless linear motor driven positioning stage.
The linear axis uses a H2W brushless linear motor BLDM-C08 to generate a continuous force of 26 lb [115.5 N] and a peak force of 78 lb [347 N] with a stroke length of 30 in [768 mm]. The non-contact 1 micron resolution linear encoder allows for precise positioning along the linear axis. It is guided by a pair of precision recirculating linear ball bearings.
The rotary axis consists of a standard 34-frame rotary servo motor with a 10,000 counts/rev resolution encoder. The motor can generate a continuous torque of 29 lb-in [3.3 N-m] and a peak torque of 87 lb-in [9.9 N-m]. The rotary axis is removable, which allows for higher accelerations by reducing the moving mass of the linear axis.
The system can be oriented in any orientation. There are also provisions that allow customer cables to be routed within the cable carrier. The system has a reference mark, end of travel limit switches and hard stops.
- Combined linear and rotary displacement
- Two axis of coordinated motion
- Rotary axis is capable of full 360-degree rotation
- Rotary axis can be easily removed if needed
- Cable carrier to route customer payload cables