Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) will present at the Wireless Connectivity in Medical Devices Conference, Nov. 28. at the Langham Boston Hotel in Boston, Mass.
In a keynote presentation, Jung-Ik Suh, Agilent wireless marketing program manager, will discuss the key wireless technologies that can be applied to medical devices, examine integral specifications and attributes on usage, and evaluate the testing challenges for these applications.
"Utilizing wireless technologies in medical devices demands accuracy and reliability," said Mike Gasparian, worldwide marketing manager in Agilent's Electronic Measurement Group. "Agilent's measurement expertise and leadership in testing state-of-the-art wireless technologies over the past 60 years places us in an ideal position to assist in the design and test of wireless for medical devices."
Agilent experts will demonstrate the following products and technologies at the event:
· The new FieldFox handheld analyzers enable users to carry the precision of a benchtop analyzer in the palm of their hands, making it easier to install and maintain wireless medical devices and systems in hospitals and clinics. FieldFox's measurement precision enables installers to be assured that telemetry characterization will correlate with performance data from the manufacturer. The interference analysis tools enable the biomedical and clinical engineering teams to quickly pinpoint and mitigate electromagnetic interference.
· Agilent's N6705B and N6781A DC power solutions were designed for battery current drain measurement and analysis from sub-milliamps to amps. They enhance the battery life of wireless medical devices by understanding the dynamic current-drain profile.
· The M9381A PXIe vector signal generator is a compact modular solution that enables faster measurements without compromise on signal quality. It provides frequency coverage from 1 MHz to 3.0 or 6.0 GHz, and up to 160 MHz of RF modulation bandwidth to support emerging wireless standards. The M9381A accelerates test throughput with less than10 µs baseband tuning and less than 220 µs full RF range, RF parametric performance of +19 dBm output power, linearity and accuracy, reducing overall test time.
· The N9020A MXA signal analyzer with N6141A embedded EMI measurement application performs precompliance conducted and radiated emissions tests to both commercial and MIL-STD requirements. The sensitivity of the MXA signal analyzer enables users to see device emissions hidden in the noise floor. It also gives them the ability to continuously monitor signals over time, so they can catch intermittent signals. Bar graphs and report-generation tools allow for valuable insight into device performance during the design process.
· The N4010A wireless connectivity test set is a versatile multiformat wireless connectivity test solution that can be configured for particular Bluetooth®, ZigBee, Wireless LAN (WLAN) 802.11a,b,g and 802.11n MIMO applications in R&D, integration and verification, or manufacturing. The N4010A has the ability to test Bluetooth Low Energy technology, which facilitates applications and small form-factor devices for health care and fitness.
· The Agilent InfiniiVision 4000 X-Series oscilloscope delivers waveform update rates 20 times faster than competitive products (1,000,000 waveforms/sec) to display the most signal detail. It also includes an industry-leading 12.1-inch capacitive touch screen with innovative hardware based InfiniiScan Zone touch triggering, enabling you to easily trigger on any signal you can see on screen. Plus get the capabilities of five instruments in one with full upgradability.
Additional information is available at www.agilent.com/find/wirelessconnectivity.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.6 billion in fiscal 2011. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Janet Smith, Americas
+1 970 679 5397
Sarah Calnan, Europe
+44 (118) 927 5101
Iris Ng, Asia