Come see the PSR-3500 Platinum and other SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectroradiometers designed for forest research projects.
Lawrence, MA – The IUFRO World Congress in Salt Lake City from October 5-11 provides an excellent opportunity for forest research organizations to see the latest technological developments for forest operations, forest engineering, biology, ecology, wildlife management, aquatic restoration, and more.
SPECTRAL EVOLUTION will be demonstrating their newest field portable spectroradiometers for forest research in Booth #1223. These systems are widely used in forest canopy studies, forest health measurements, research on invasive species and insects, biomass research, climate studies, species identification and more.
In the booth, the focus will be on the latest high resolution field spectroradiometer, the PSR-3500 Platinum. The PSR-3500 Platinum offers:
• Highest resolution field portable spectroradiometer available
• Stand-alone operation mode with no computer controller required
• Internal memory storage for up to 1,000 scans
• Best-in-class signal-to-noise sensitivity
• Compact size: 8.5" x 11.5" x 3.25" (21.5cm x 29cm x 8cm)
• Fits inside an airline approved carry-on Pelican case
• Lightweight: 7.3 lbs (3.3kg) with battery
• Operating temperature range from -10° to 40° C
• One touch operation with auto-shutter, auto-exposure, and auto-dark current correction before each scan with no manual optimization step required
• Superior in-field reliability with no moving optical components
• Lightweight, easy-to-use contact probe, pistol grip, and leaf clip accessories
• Rugged, optional handheld PDA microcomputer that provides a sunlight readable screen, digital photos, audio notes, GPS and altitude for each scan
• DARWin SP Data Acquisition software that comes standard with every SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometer and spectroradiometer, and is easy to use and stores your scans and metadata as ASCII files for use with third party programs
DARWin SP software also offers access to more than 19 vegetation indices for use in forestry applications via simple pull-down menus from the main screen.
Stop by the booth for a demonstration on how the PSR-3500 can improve your research efforts using NIR spectroscopy.
For more information on spectroradiometers for remote sensing applications: http://www.spectralevolution.com/portable_spectroradiometer_remote_sensing.html
About SPECTRAL EVOLUTION
Established in 2004, SPECTRAL EVOLUTION is a leading manufacturer of laboratory and handheld portable spectrometers, spectroradiometers and spectrophotometers. SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers are used worldwide for many mission-critical lab and field applications in mining, remote sensing, vegetative studies, ground truthing, environmental and climate studies, developing satellite calibrations, and more, due to their reliable, robust, rugged design and user-friendly one-touch features.
SPECTRAL EVOLUTION maintains a facility in Lawrence, Massachusetts which houses design, prototyping, manufacturing and service facilities for the instruments that it markets and sells worldwide, either through direct sales, OEM sales or through distributor agents.
1 Canal Street, Unit B1
Lawrence, MA 01840 USA