Press Release Summary:
Models 4WRAF, 4WREF and 4-, 5-WRZF proportional valves are available with Profibus DP and CAN-BUS with DS 408 CANopen protocol bus connections. They also have separate connector for power supply and bus connection. Bus allows command value, control, and status words to transferred, and it supports 4 quadrant ramp generator, overlap compensation, and zero-point correction functions.
Original Press Release:
Bosch Rexroth Introduces Proportional Valves with Integrated Bus Interface
4WRAF, 4WREF and 4-, 5-WRZF proportional valves from the Industrial Hydraulics division of Bosch Rexroth can be controlled via a bus system. They were developed on the basis of the 4WRAE, 4WREE and 4-, 5WRZE proportional valves. Thanks to the interface feature, these valves offer a multitude of new possibilities with regard to parameterization and diagnostics.
Features and functions include:
- A separate plus connector for power supply and bus connection
- A version for CAN-BUS with CANopen protocol (DS 408)
- A version for Profibus DP
- The command value can be fed forward via the bus; for testing purposes, the value is also available in analog form
- An actual value, for position; otherwise, a summated solenoid current is needed
- A ramp generator (four quadrants) can be parameterized via the bus
- Overlap compensation and a zero-point correction can be parameterized via the bus
- Control and status words (for control of component states)
Bosch Rexroth Corporation, a merger of Bosch Automation Technology and Rexroth, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH. In the year 2001 the separate companies had total revenues of approximately $3.42 billion (3.86 billion Euros) and a worldwide total of around 26,000 employees. Divisions include Industrial Hydraulics, Electric Drives and Controls, Linear Motion and Assembly Technologies, Pneumatics, Service Automation and Mobile Hydraulics. Bosch Rexroth - The Drive & Control Company - offers comprehensive solutions for drives and motion control in 80 countries around the world.
Please Direct Reader Inquiries To:
Bosch Rexroth Corporation
2315 City Line Road
Lehigh Valley, PA 18002-5407
Telephone (610) 694-8298
Fax (610) 694-8339
Bosch Rexroth Corporation, Larry Foy, Corporate Communications
5150 Prairie Stone Parkway, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192, www.boschrexroth-us.com