Press Release Summary:
ZYVEX(TM) liquid crystalline polymer circuit materials are designed for flexible circuit applications. RO4350B(R) - R04450B(R) high frequency material system offers 130 deg C Relative Thermal Index (RTI) and UL 94V-0 rating. RT/duroid(R) and TMM(R) Circuit Materials perform over frequencies from 3 to 90 GHz. REFLECTON(TM) white epoxy molding materials withstand high-solder temperatures while retaining key optical, electrical, and mechanical properties.
Original Press Release:
Rogers Corporation to Display ZYVEX(TM) Liquid Crystalline Polymer Materials at 2002 MTT-S Symposium
-- Also featuring other high performance materials for electronic applications --
Show: 2002 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Exhibition
Dates: June 4-6, 2002
Venue: Washington State Convention & Trade Center, Seattle, Washington
Booth #: 843
Rogers, CT, April 2, 2002: Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG) will be displaying the first of its new ZYVEX(TM) liquid crystalline polymer circuit materials at the 2002 MTT-S Symposium. Rogers ZYVEX(TM) TeraClad(TM) material is a single-clad laminate, developed primarily for flexible circuit applications. (Additional products will be introduced later this year, which will extend the use of ZYVEX materials to most high performance circuit applications.) ZYVEX laminates are designed to meet today's industry requirements for low/stable dielectric constant, low/stable dielectric loss, extremely low moisture absorption, high chemical resistance, matched in-plane CTE, and excellent dimensional stability. These attributes bring high-density integration, high reliability, and efficient processing and handling when compared to polyimide materials.
Rogers ZYVEX circuit materials are based on Vecstar(TM) liquid crystalline polymer films from Kuraray Co. Ltd. of Japan, and are a direct result of ongoing development between the two companies.
Other newly developed products to be highlighted at the show include:
- RO4350B® - R04450B® - high frequency material system responds to the need for a higher than 105 deg C Relative Thermal Index (RTI) material with a 130 deg C RTI and a UL 94V-0 rating. This laminate and prepreg material is ideal for applications requiring high operating temperatures like base station power amplifiers.
- RT/duroid® and TMM® High Frequency Circuit Materials - Rogers' traditional microwave laminate materials support the highest performance requirements for the most demanding applications for frequencies of 3GHz to over 90 GHz. Key properties include superior electrical characteristics and highly predictable performance.
Also to be featured at the show are Rogers' molding materials for use in high performance electronic applications:
- TMM® 3-D Shapes - These custom-molded parts from temperature-stable microwave composite materials serve a wide range of antenna and cellular component applications. Previously available in laminate form only, the new TMM® components are molded from proprietary, thermoset polymer composites, opening up a new range of innovative design solutions for high or low frequency uses requiring controlled dielectric constant with low loss factor.
- REFLECTON(TM) white epoxy molding materials offer unique features that will enable the design of smaller, next-generation optoelectronic packages. These new materials are specially formulated to withstand high-solder temperatures while retaining key optical, electrical, and mechanical properties.
- Other moldable electronic encapsulants, such as magnetic moldable epoxies for inductors and electromagnetic shielding, will be highlighted for a wide range of electronic applications where high performance is required.
Rogers' specialty materials are offered worldwide through an extensive network of technical sales offices. Based in Rogers, CT, the corporation manufactures and markets specialty polymer and electronic materials for targeted applications, focusing on communication and computer markets.
Rogers ZYVEX(TM) TeraClad(TM), RO4350B®, RO4450B®, RT/duroid®, TMM®, and REFLECTON(TM) are licensed trademarks of Rogers Corporation.
Editorial Contact: Cynthia Kiss, Phone: 860/779-5597, e-mail: email@example.com. Electronic photos available upon request. Rogers Web site: www.rogerscorporation.com
Marketing Inquiries, Rogers Corporation, One Technology Drive, P.O. Box 188, Rogers, CT 06263-0188.