Press Release Summary:
- Includes 3/4-inch (W) x 9-inch (L) (2 x 22-cm) galvanized perforated strap that secures up to one two-inch-diameter pipe
- Withstand load capacities of up to 250-lbs or 350-lbs each when used with universal strut channel
- Supports mounting framework for hot water and photovoltaic solar panels or walkway grates
Original Press Release:
RectorSeal® Introduces The Rooftop Pipe Support (RPS) for Professional Roof Installations
RPS is used to present a neat professional rooftop appearances for HVAC/R, electrical, plumbing and condensate piping, in addition to ducts, walkways and solar.
Houston -- RectorSeal® LLC, Houston, a manufacturer and distributor of quality HVAC/R products, has introduced the Rooftop Pipe Support (RPS), a sturdy, easy-to-install system for presenting an organized, aesthetic alternative to wood blocks and other unprofessional jerry-rigged methods. The RPS is designed for mounting HVAC/R, electrical, plumbing and condensate piping, or ductwork, walkway grates and solar panels on commercial flat rooftops without roof penetration.
The RPS is a .15-inch-thick (3.8-mm) ultraviolet light-stabilized, weather-resistant copolymer shell with a high density foam core that provides insulation, vibration isolation and roof membrane protection. The 7.5 (W) x 8 (L) x 5-inch (H) (19 x 20 x 12-cm) RPS weighs only .78-lb (354-grams), but can withstand load capacities of up to 250-lbs or 350-lbs each when used with universal strut channel. The RPS is the industry’s only rooftop support system that has five numbered slots to keep two-inch and smaller pipe aligned and organized during installation, although it can accommodate larger pipe diameters.
The top of the RPS’s 7.5 x 2-inch (19 x 5-cm) shell accommodates multiple pipes and its surface-gripping slots prevent pipe roll and movement during installation. Additional pipe runs can be supported above the shell top via a universal strut channel elevated by 1/2-inch (12-mm) threaded rod. Each RPS has dedicated holes leading to a molded hexagonal receiver for friction-fitting 5/8-inch and 3/4-inch (19-mm) nuts that eliminate the need for a hold-back wrench when fastening threaded rods or bolts.
Each RPS unit includes a 3/4-inch (W) x 9-inch (L) (2 x 22-cm) galvanized perforated strap that secures up to one two-inch-diameter pipe. Multiple pipe runs are limited to only roof space, because each RPS can be interlocked laterally with the shell’s molded tabs that easily snap into a neighboring RPS’ receiver tab.
Other RPS features are:
- Gives any flat roof piping installation a professional appearance
- Sold in contractor packs of 10
- Compatible with most industry roof support and fastening accessories
- Top includes starter hole guides for conventional self-tapping screws to secure the perforated strap
- Universal strut channel and custom-cut threaded rod can easily provide a pitch required for condensate drain pipe
- Supports mounting framework for either hot water and photovoltaic solar panels or walkway grates
- Can be used in spacing increments for metal pipe in accordance with ASTM-A53-86, and 2 to 7-foot (60 to 213-cm) increments for PVC
- Five-year warranty
For more information on the RPS or RectorSeal and its HVAC/R, plumbing, firestop and electrical products, please visit www.rectorseal.com or contact its customer and technical support departments at 800-231-3345.
The RectorSeal® LLC is a leading manufacturer of chemical and specialty products designed for professional tradesmen. Steady growth over the years has been maintained through a commitment to providing high quality products and services. With a diversified business strategy, RectorSeal aggressively pursues new and unique technologies to serve the plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and construction industries. RectorSeal is devoted to providing innovative quality products supported by strong customer and technical service. For more information, visit www.rectorseal.com, email: email@example.com or call (800) 231-3345.
Delicia Shyu--Marketing Comm. Director
John Parris Frantz
(773) 871- 2600