Press Release Summary:
- Features Trace Validation™ artificial intelligence (AI) tool that uses complex state machine logic to analyze traces algorithmically
- Offers SmartTuneTM equalization and eye monitor that help optimize signal acquisition at the analyzer to ensure error-free M-PHY symbol capture
- Users can execute any loop order by speed, link widths, LUNs or individual test cases
Original Press Release:
Industry's First MIPI M-PHYÂ® GEAR 5 UFS 4.0 Protocol Analyzer and Exerciser
The Eclipse™ M52 UFS and UniPro Protocol Analyzer and Exerciser with Trace Validation™ and Conformance Test Suites is fully upgradeable to HS-G5 UFS 4.0
MILPITAS, Calif., Feb. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Teledyne LeCroy, the worldwide leader in protocol test and measurement solutions, announced today the release for order acceptance of the Eclipse M52, an M-PHY Gear 5 UFS 4.0 ready protocol analyzer and exerciser that supports JEDEC UFS 3.1, MIPI UniPro v1.8 and M-PHY v4.1 HS-G4 now and can be upgraded to support JEDEC UFS 4.0, MIPI UniPro v2.0 and M-PHY v5.0 HS-G5 when available.
Consumers of smartphones, digital cameras, and other consumer electronics using universal flash storage (UFS) are always looking for higher data transfer rates, lower power consumption and improved reliability. These requirements are met with the high-speed MIPI M-PHY v5.0 Gear 5 (HS-G5) and JEDEC UFS 4.0 specification. Design and validation engineers implementing and integrating the latest UFS 4.0 specification into consumer product storage solutions can rely on the Eclipse M52 Protocol Analyzer/Exerciser to assist them in design validation, compliance or conformance testing and system debug.
The Eclipse M52 offers unique capabilities such as:
- Trace Validation™ - a patented artificial intelligence (AI) tool that uses complex state machine logic to analyze traces algorithmically without user inference or involvement. Trace Validation provides a complex analysis of link traffic such as UFS packet latency or UniPro Link Startup Sequences.
- SmartTuneTM equalization and Eye Monitor help optimize signal acquisition at the analyzer to ensure error-free M-PHY symbol capture.
- Compliance and Conformance Verification with pre-written Conformance Test Suites
- Link Traffic Generation with Error Injection for host emulation
- Stress Testing – Using Run Control or the API, users can Execute any loop order by Speed, Link widths, LUNs or individual test cases; Each category can be run ascending, descending, or random seed order; Stop after a specified number of test case configuration loops or No Result Test Cases have occurred.
- Events View - UniPro and UFS Events views complement the Packet List windows, showing all events on the bus in both directions in one single snapshot linked to the selected packet and bookmarks.
The Eclipse M52 UFS protocol analyzer/exerciser supporting UFS 3.1, UniPro v1.8 and M-PHY v4.1 is available for orders now. Support for UFS 4.0, UniPro v2.0 and M-PHY v5.0 HS-G5 is expected to be available in the last quarter of 2021. For more information please visit Teledyne LeCroy website.
About Teledyne LeCroy
Teledyne LeCroy is a leading manufacturer of advanced oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, and other test instruments that verify performance, validate compliance, and debug complex electronic systems quickly and thoroughly. Since its founding in 1964, the Company has focused on incorporating powerful tools into innovative products that enhance "Time-to-Insight". Faster time to insight enables users to rapidly find and fix defects in complex electronic systems, dramatically improving time-to-market for a wide variety of applications and end markets. Teledyne LeCroy is based in Chestnut Ridge, N.Y. For more information, visit Teledyne LeCroy's website at teledynelecroy.com.
Roy Chestnut – VP Mobile & Test Appl. Products
408 273 5694
800-909-7211 or 408-727-6600