Press Release Summary:
Teledyne LeCroy Inc.’s new Eclipse T42 UniPro/UFS protocol analyzer and Eclipse M42x UniPro/UFS protocol analyzer/exerciser allows for a cost-effective approach to test UFS, the current storage media standard in smartphones, tablets and embedded systems such as heads-up displays (HUD) and advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS). The Eclipse Protocol Analyzer and Analyzer/Exerciser platforms have a fully-featured Gear 4 Analyzer and Exerciser. When paired with the UniPro M Series Protocol suite, it creates an enhanced system for the generation, capture and analysis of UniPro and UFS traffic. The new system allows for more storage, but with less power consumption. It has an easy to use software application that can automatically identify and evaluate millions of packets, transactions and complete protocol sequences to work with the specification.
Original Press Release:
Teledyne LeCroy Launches New Eclipse UniPro/UFS Protocol Analyzer and Exerciser Platforms
Eclipse T42 and Eclipse M42x supports UFS3.0, UniPro 1.8 and M-PHY 4.1 Addresses industry need for reliable and cost-effective UFS testing solution
MILPITAS, Calif., Oct. 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Teledyne LeCroy Inc., the worldwide leader in protocol test solutions, announced the introduction of the Eclipse T42 UniPro/UFS protocol analyzer and Eclipse M42x UniPro/UFS protocol analyzer/exerciser. The Eclipse T42 and Eclipse M42x platforms offer design and test engineers and system integrators a robust and cost-effective approach to test UFS, the current storage media standard in smartphones, tablets and embedded systems such as heads-up displays (HUD) and advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS). The Eclipse Protocol Analyzer and Analyzer/Exerciser platforms include fully-featured Gear 4 Analyzer and/or Exerciser and, when paired with the UniPro M Series Protocol suite, provide a robust system for the generation, capture and analysis of UniPro/UFS traffic.
Cost-Effective, Reliable UFS Testing Solution Addresses an Industry Void
The latest version of UFS enables the benefits of more than 2x the storage bandwidth and increased capacity while reducing power consumption. Designs incorporating this new technology, however, must be tested before they are released. Up until now there have been few elegant and inexpensive options for engineers to debug, measure performance or ensure compliance prior to product release. Now, design and test engineers can turn to the Eclipse T42 for support of MIPI® M-PHYSM High Speed (up to Gear 3 or Gear 4) implementations at an economical price point.
Features and Benefits
- x2 Multi-Lead solder-down probe or SMA/SMP probing allows users to capture and visualize UFS 3.0 data structures.
- Easy-to-use software application affords deep analysis of the MIPI UniProSM and JEDEC UFS protocol layers.
- Using the UniPro M Series Protocol suite's advanced software, the Eclipse T42 or Eclipse M42x can automatically identify and evaluate millions of packets, transactions and complete protocol sequences for conformance to the specification. Complex transactions such as power-mode changes and Link Startup Sequence events can be automatically analyzed many times, finding issues that even an expert engineer might miss.
- Eclipse T42 protocol analyzer enables triggering, filtering and searching of the UniPro/UFS layers using unlimited bookmarks, traffic overviews and event views, allowing users to quickly navigate to areas of interest.
- Protocol Listings, packet specification decodes, and raw, low-level data views give engineers a deep understanding of the UniPro/UFS traffic.
- Exerciser option allows engineers to verify the circuit's ability to recover from errors, emulate corner case scenarios and ensure compliance to the standard. The Eclipse T42 and Eclipse M42x fully support a range of specifications including MIPI M-PHY v4.1 HS-G4, MIPI UniPro v1.80,JEDEC Universal Flash Storage (UFS) v3.0 JESD220D, MIPI UniPro Conformance Test version 1.80 and the JEDEC JDS224A Universal Flash Storage (UFS) Test Version 1.1.
Teledyne LeCroy Eclipse T42 and Eclipse M42x are currently available for purchase. For more information, engineers can contact their regional Sales Engineer: 1-800 909-7211 or 408 273-5736; or firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit the Eclipse M42x web page at: teledynelecroy.com/protocolanalyzer/EclipseM42ProtocolAnalyzerExerciser.
About Teledyne LeCroy
Teledyne LeCroy Inc. is a leading manufacturer of advanced oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, and other test instruments that verify performance, validate compliance, and debug complex electronic systems quickly and thoroughly. Since its founding in 1964, the Company has focused on incorporating powerful tools into innovative products that enhance "Time-to-Insight". Faster time to insight enables users to rapidly find and fix defects in complex electronic systems, dramatically improving time-to-market for a wide variety of applications and end markets. Teledyne LeCroy is based in Chestnut Ridge, N.Y. For more information, visit Teledyne LeCroy's website at teledynelecroy.com.
About the MIPI Alliance
The MIPI Alliance is a global, collaborative organization comprised of companies that span the mobile ecosystem and are committed to defining and promoting interface specifications for mobile devices. The MIPI® Alliance is a non-profit corporation that operates as an open membership organization. All companies in the mobile device industry are encouraged to join, including semiconductor companies, software vendors, IP providers, peripheral manufacturers, test labs and end product OEMs. Today, more than 250 member companies actively participate in the Alliance, developing interface specifications which drive consistency in processor and peripheral interfaces, promoting reuse and compatibility in mobile devices.
MIPI and the MIPI logo are a licensed trademark of the MIPI Alliance.
JEDEC is the global leader in the development of standards for the microelectronics industry. Thousands of volunteers representing nearly 300 member companies work together in over 100 JEDEC committees and task groups to meet the needs of every segment of the industry, manufacturers and consumers alike. The publications and standards generated by JEDEC committees are accepted throughout the world. All JEDEC standards are available for download from the JEDEC website. For more information, visit www.jedec.org.
© 2018 by Teledyne LeCroy. All rights reserved. Specifications are subject to change without notice.