New ODVA Conformant Drives and Motors Perform Positioning, Velocity and Motion Control Tasks
Press Release Summary:
- SV200 Digital Servo Drives provides advanced performance and auto-tuning with multiple control options
- ST Stepper Drives includes stall detection, stall prevention, microstep emulation and anti-resonance
- StepServo™ Integrated Motors features high-resolution incremental encoders and closed-loop servo firmware
Original Press Release:
ApplieMotion Products Announces ODVA Conformance for Range of EtherNet/IP-enabled Drives and Integrated Motors
Watsonville, CA…July 24, 2019…A range of servo drives, stepper drives and integrated motors from Applied Motion Products now conform to the ODVA specification for EtherNet/IP communications. The ODVA Conformance Program mandates that vendors use a common network interface to ensure interoperability with products from other vendors. Products must pass rigorous testing by an authorized Test Service Provider before declared ODVA conformant.
ODVA conformant servo drives, stepper drives, and integrated motors perform their specific positioning, velocity and other motion control tasks while simultaneously exchanging control, I/O and diagnostic data with controllers on the EtherNet/IP network. Customers who rely on EtherNet/IP as the backbone of their industrial Ethernet network can speed time-to-market for their machines and end products by specifying ODVA conformant devices. Customers have the freedom to choose products from an international vendor pool and the peace of mind that those products will interoperate in multi-vendor systems.
The line of ODVA conformant drives and integrated motors from Applied Motion Products includes:
- SV200 Digital Servo Drives: advanced performance and auto-tuning with multiple control options.
- ST Stepper Drives: step motor drives with stall detection, stall prevention, microstep emulation and anti-resonance.
- StepServo™ Integrated Motors: high-resolution incremental encoders and closed-loop servo firmware combine to create integrated motors that offer the best performance available from a step motor.
For Applied Motion Products full line of ODVA Conformant motion control products visit https://www.applied-motion.com/products/series/ethernetip-products.
About Applied Motion Products
Applied Motion Products specializes in high-precision, cost-effective motion control products including stepper and servo motors, drives, controllers, gearheads, and power supplies. The company serves a diverse industrial and OEM customer base with both standard and customized products. With in-depth motor and control expertise, Applied Motion Products works with customers from initial concept and design through finished product and production to provide the best motion control solutions to a range of markets. Find out more at https://www.applied-motion.com/ or contact the company at 1-800-525-1609.