Press Release Summary:
- Removes large amount of metal and getting it away from the work zone as fast as possible
- Tapered core, variable pitch design and 35° helix eliminates chatter and tool deflection
- Chip splitter pattern design breaks up long chips, eliminating re-cutting
Original Press Release:
Introducing the KOR™ 5: The King of Roughing
Secure, strong, and extremely fast, the KOR 5 from Kennametal takes aluminum roughing for aerospace to an entirely new level
Kennametal today announced its latest innovation in high-velocity aluminum roughing, the KOR 5 solid carbide end mill. Designed for maximum productivity in aerospace machining, with this five-flute end mill table feed rates increase up to 66 percent compared to commonly used three-flute tools—redefining productivity for aircraft manufacturers and their suppliers.
KOR 5 is aimed at removing large amounts of metal and getting it away from the work zone as quickly as possible:
- Tapered core, variable pitch design, and 35° helix – eliminates chatter and tool deflection
- Coolant through the tool - flushes chips away while reducing heat.
- Unique chip splitter pattern - designed to break up long chips, eliminating re-cutting, but still contributes to high surface qualities.
The tool has the potential to become the new standard for machines utilizing CAD/CAM tool paths.
KOR 5 has more active contact points versus a 2-fluted or 3-fluted end mill because it is a 5-fluted end mill, which creates improved stability and eliminates chatter on even the heaviest cuts.
Applying the tool with low radial engagement, but high depth of cut results in much higher metal removal rates than traditional methods.
And to assure predictable, no pull-out performance at maximum feed rates, the KOR 5 is available with Safe-Lock™ shanks.
“Slotting, deep pocketing, dynamic milling—whatever your aluminum application, KOR 5 can do it faster”, said Thilo Mueller, Manager for Solid Carbide End Milling.
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com/AM. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
1600 Technology Way
PO Box 231
Latrobe, PA 15650-0231
Phone : +1 724 539 8033
1600 Technology Way
Latrobe, PA 15650
Phone : +1 724 539 5708
Fax : -