Press Release Summary:
The Capacitive Proximity Sensors (CA18CA and CA30CA) are offered with IO-Link communication that enables functionalities such as QoR, QoT and diagnostic parameters. The sensors are offered in IP69K rated M18 and M30 housings with single point, two point and window sensing modes. They feature configurable output/ input such as NPN, PNP, Push-Pull and external input and alarm outputs. The units provide logging functions (temperature, operational hours and power cycles). The sensors are suitable for use in automation applications in which sensing performance needs to be monitored accurately and logged.
Original Press Release:
Capacitive Proximity Sensors with IO-Link
January 24, 2019 - Buffalo Grove, IL – CARLO GAVAZZI is pleased to announce the launch our Capacitive Proximity Sensors with Integrated IO-Link Communication. Based on our 4th generation of TRIPLESHIELD™ sensors, the CA18CA and CA30CA Series represent the ideal solution for automation applications where sensor flexibility or sensing performance needs to be constantly and accurately monitored and logged. The sensors are housed in robust IP69K certified housings, which are ECOLAB approved.
Besides the full range of technical features provided by our capacitive sensor families, the IO-Link communication mode enables additional advanced functionalities such as:
- QoR (Quality of Run)
- QoT (Quality of Teach)
- Diagnostic parameters
With IO-Link sensor communications, each sensor becomes fully programmable and customizable, allowing more than half a million setting combinations.
The features of the Capacitive Proximity Sensors with IO-Link include:
- Robust IP69K certified, M18 and M30 housings
- Programmable sensing distance and hysteresis
- Single point, two point and window sensing modes
- Logic functions: AND, OR, XOR and “Gated SR/FF”
- Timer functions: ON, OFF and One shot
- Configurable output/input: NPN, PNP, Push-Pull and external input
- Alarm outputs: temperature and dust outputs, with adjustable set points
- Logging functions: temperature, operational hours, power cycles, and/or configurable changes
- Detection filter
- Standard, Plastic or Level Application Modes
- Quality of Run (QoR) and Quality of Teach (QoT)
These IO-Link capacitive sensors were designed to be used in specific markets such as Plastic & Rubber, HVAC, Agriculture and Food & Beverage, providing the ideal solutions to perfectly fit application needs.
The Capacitive Proximity Sensors with IO-Link are available from Carlo Gavazzi’s network of sales offices and distributors in the Americas, or at www.GavazziOnline.com.
Questions regarding this press release should be directed to: Info@CarloGavazzi.com.