Press Release Summary:
Suitable for both single-point and 2-point latching installations, E5 Push-to-Close Latches deliver one-touch closing by incorporating spring-loaded ramped cam. Upon closing door or panel, cam retracts allowing door to close, followed by spring return of cam, which secures door. Available in hand-actuated, tool-actuated, and key-locking designs, latches have max static working load of 74 lbf and feature locked/unlocked status indicator for visual confirmation.
Original Press Release:
New E5 Latch Provides Effortless Push-to-Close Operation
CONCORDVILLE, Pa., - Southco has developed a series of modular, push-to-close latches that offer easy and intuitive closing in both single-point and two-point latching installations. These new latches provide an ideal solution for a variety of applications including kiosks, HVAC and industrial machinery access panels.
Southco's E5 Push-to-Close Cam Latch delivers one-touch closing convenience by incorporating a spring-loaded ramped cam. Upon closing a door or panel the cam retracts, allowing the door to close, followed by the spring return of the cam, which secures the door. The E5 also features a locked/unlocked status indicator to provide users with quick visual status confirmation.
Product benefits include:
· Easy installation with a single hole and single mounting nut
· Available in numerous actuation and dimensional options
· Spring-loaded cams secure doors rapidly, resist vibration and provide long-lasting durability
· Latch actuation available with both clockwise and counter-clockwise rotation
· Available with hand-actuated, tool-actuated and key-locking designs
· Available in a variety of finishes including chrome, black and custom colors
· Maximum static working load of 330 N (74 lbf)
Southco is a leading global provider of engineered access solutions, including latches, locks, captive fasteners, hinges and handles. These components enhance customer's products by providing rugged, attractive and ergonomic "touch points" for end users. In addition to a catalog of off-the-shelf components, Southco offers customized engineering solutions for a wide variety of industries including automotive, industrial equipment, telecommunications, computer and medical. www.southco.com