Lindberg/MPH announced the shipment of an Aluminum Melting and Holding Furnace. The melting and holding furnace was designed with an aluminum melt rate of 3,000 lbs per hour and the capacity to hold up to 40,000 lbs of aluminum.
The aluminum melting and holding furnace will be loaded with aluminum across a preheat hearth. prior to being pushed into the molten aluminum bath. An exterior discharge well and working tap are included with the furnace as a means of aluminum removal. The equipment also features a circulation well for improved temperature and alloy uniformity.
This custom melting and holding furnace will be in the production of aluminum powder. Temperature of the metal is controlled through digital temperature controllers. Flue gases are controlled with a mechanical flue damper, reducing flue losses during low-fire operation. A totalizing gas meter was also included to accurately measure gas usage.
“The Lindberg/MPH engineering team worked closely with the customer on a custom design that met their application requirements. A factory trained technician supervised the installation of this custom furnace and performed the initial start-up to ensure that everything went smoothly.” ~ Andrew Paul, Sales Representative
Unique features of this Lindberg/MPH aluminum melting and holding furnace include:
- Rugged fully welded steel plate furnace construction
- High alumina castable lining for long refractory life backed with high efficiency insulating materials
- One charge door and one side access door for easy access during charging and cleaning
- Flue damper for energy savings during low-fire operation
- Work and drain taps
- Jib crane for molten metal pump insertion and removal
- Laser metal level sensor
- Stand-alone control panel
- Programmable logic controller controls furnace functions and records status history
- Temperature controllers with automatic preheat and dry out functions
- Three-point laser metal level sensor with light tree level indication
- Totalizing gas meter
- Start-up and installation service
If you would like more information on this topic, please contact:
(262) 248-0288 or firstname.lastname@example.org