Features 5.7 inch HD Display, 13 MP Camera with Flash and Advanced Wireless Connectivity
IRVINE, Calif. – Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced that G'Five, a leading consumer electronics company and OEM in China, has selected Broadcom's quad-core HSPA+ smartphone platform for its new WG5701 Android smartphone. With the integrated capabilities available in Broadcom's complete platform, such as advanced Videocore® multimedia, market leading Wi-Fi and multi network satellite positioning technology, G'Five has delivered an affordable smartphone boasting an array of advanced wireless connectivity technologies and features. For more news, visit Broadcom's Newsroom.
According to a recent report from The GfK Group, the sale of smartphones in Southeast Asia grew 61 percent in the past year. Much of that growth was driven by the availability of affordable smartphones priced between $100 to $200 US dollars(1). G'Five's WG5701 capacitive touch smartphone, powered by the Broadcom smartphone platform, provides consumers with a 1.2-GHz quad core processor, 5.7" HD (1280x720) IPS display, rear 13 megapixel (MP) camera with flash, front 3 MP camera capabilities, and 2G/3G dual SIM dual standby-all at an affordable price point.
"Our customers are demanding distinctively designed, multimedia-rich smartphones that will enhance their quality of life without adversely affecting their wallets," said Zhang Zhixue, G'Five Chief Executive Officer. "The integrated capabilities of Broadcom's platform deliver the graphics-rich multimedia experience and performance at a price consumers want. Our customers can now easily stream and share video, photos and gaming applications on a larger display, and more easily multitask; significantly enhancing their user experience."
"In the China smartphone market, where affordability is the primary driver for smartphone growth, today's OEMs require a complete turnkey solution to speed their Android smartphone production, while minimizing overall development cost," said Michael Civiello, Broadcom Senior Director, Mobile Platform Solutions. "Our integrated turnkey smartphone platform is enabling companies like G'Five to bring the benefits of wireless technology to the masses by delivering compelling products with the latest advances in wireless connectivity at a low price point."
Key Features of Broadcom's Smartphone Platform
• HSPA+ 1.2-GHz quad-core processor
- Provides superior computing power at an affordable price point
- VideoCore® multimedia support for an immersive multimedia experience
- Low power Dual SIM / Dual Standby to enable simultaneous monitoring of 2 separate networks
• RF Transceiver
• Highly integrated RF cellular transceiver for multi-mode (EDGE/GPRS/GSM® and WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA) and multi-band (850/900/1800/1900/2100 MHz) applications
• Power Management IC
- Two fully integrated, programmable, step-down switching regulators with overcurrent and overvoltage protection
- Six high-performance programmable Low Dropout (LDO) regulators with overcurrent protection
• Connectivity Combo Chip
- Dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity
- Single-stream IEEE 802.11n support for 20 MHz and 40 MHz channels provides PHY layer rates up to 150 Mbps for typical upper-layer throughput in excess of 90 Mbps
• Multi-constellation GNSS Location Chip
- Multi-constellation capability collects data from four satellite constellations
- Faster signal searches and more accurate real-time navigation
The G'Five WG5701 Android smartphone is now available.
For ongoing Broadcom news visit our Newsroom, read our B-Connected Blog, or visit us on Facebook or Twitter. And to stay connected, subscribe to our RSS Feed.
(1) The GfK Group, May 2013
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, the Connecting everything logo, and VideoCore® are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Senior Manager, Product Communications
Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Mobile Wireless
Web Site: http://www.broadcom.com