Eastman Machine Company (Buffalo, NY) will participate together with Lantor (Veenendaal, Netherlands) in the Live Demo Zone at JEC World, Paris France from March 8-10 alongside regularly scheduled cutting demonstrations in Eastman stand B62. The cooperative presentation aims to educate visitors on methods to make composite lay-up cleaner, more ergonomic and demonstrate ways to reduce waste. Lantor will highlight its new adhesive Soric® brand material while Eastman will briefly introduce manual cutting machines and automated cutting systems to the audience.
The benefits of adhesive Lantor Soric® are:
- No more use of spray adhesives resulting in a cleaner process, no spray fumes
- Easy and better application for higher production quality and accuracy at no cost in production time,
- Can be re-positioned without having to add more adhesive
- Adhesive remains tacky, no special storage conditions.
- Adhesive dissolves in Polyester and Vinylester resins
- No measurable degradation of material properties (based on interlaminar shear tests) after infusion.
- No inhibition of the infusion process
Success in an automated cutting environment can be measured with reductions in manual labor, decreased scrap of expensive composite materials, improved throughput, reduced time to market and improved quality of cut parts. The Eastman S125™ Static Table Cutting system will cut adhesive Soric® and other Lantor Coremat® materials in daily demonstrations at JEC.
Eastman's line of manually-operated cutting machines will be on demonstration during the live demos with Lantor, configured for composites applications. Eastman manual cutting machines feature many of the same benefits as automatic cutting, at a much lower investment.