Press Release Summary:
Featuring sizes up to 50mm x 600mm x 800mm, ceramic foam comes with 1350-1500 ˚C heat stability. Available in square, circle, rectangle as well as custom shape, unit allows two different porosities possible in one manufactured piece. Device comes with standard porosities ranging 3-30 pores/cm and is suitable for filtration in castings of cast iron, bronze, brass and copper alloys.
Original Press Release:
Ceramic Foams in Custom Dimensions
Goodfellow is pleased to introduce a new line of ceramic foams that can be manufactured in nonstandard sizes and shapes. Materials currently available are silicon carbide, alumina, zirconia or graphite based.
• Sizes up to 50mm x 600mm x 800mm.
• Basic shapes (square, circle, rectangle) as well as custom shapes offered without extra tooling costs.
• Standard porosities from 3 pores/cm up to 30 pores/cm; others may be available upon request.
• Two different porosities possible in one manufactured piece.
• Heat stability 1350-1500 ˚C.
Applications include filtration of:
• Castings of cast iron, bronze, brass and copper alloys – higher quality castings at lower production costs.
• Aluminum and nonferrous metal alloys in cast houses – efficient and continuous mold filling.
• Aluminum and nonferrous metal alloys in foundries – special filter prints of the mold’s gating system.
For more information about ceramic foams in custom dimensions, call Goodfellow at 1-800-821-2870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goodfellow is a leading supplier of metals, polymers, ceramics and other materials to meet the needs of science and industry worldwide. The company specializes in supplying small quantities (a few grams to a few kilos) of metals and materials for research, prototype development and specialized manufacturing applications. Standard products can be found online at the comprehensive Goodfellow Catalog. Custom products and materials in larger quantities are available upon request at email@example.com.
125 Hookstown Grade Road Coraopolis,