Accumulation while dynamically balancing production flow.
Winneconne, WI – Multi-Conveyor (www.multi-conveyor.com) - Multi-Conveyor recently built a stainless steel constructed plastic belt conveyor designed for accumulating flat or low in height product. This particular project was designed for a raw foods but the concept can be used for many applications.
When the downstream process pauses, the accumulation system is activated and receives product from the upstream transport conveyor to allow the upstream machines to empty, or to continue their process for a limited time.
The initial decline noser of the upstream conveyor transfers product onto the shuttle accumulation conveyor which extends to absorb the flow of product even though its belt is not running. Once the downstream is again ready to receive product, the shuttle accumulation conveyor retracts and its belt is powered on to discharge product off of the accumulation conveyor, onto the downstream transport conveyor.
The shuttle accumulation design was made for accumulating mass flow or single file product by extending and retracting a secondary accumulation conveyor located between transportation conveyors. By extending and retracting the secondary accumulation conveyor, one effectively expands and contracts the conveying surface dynamically, balancing production flow and/or giving the ability to clear out upstream equipment when downstream equipment experiences outages.
Benefits or Variations:
• The same unit could combine both dynamic accumulation and clear out modes of operation.
• Different lengths or have multiple levels can be incorporated to increase accumulation values.
• The advantage that this system has over conventional inline conveyor systems is the ability to dynamically accumulate product and clear upstream equipment under downstream outage conditions.
• Other configurations can be provided where a product could accumulate on a retract stroke and not be limited by product height.
• Application could include bakery, confectionary, other food products - either packaged or unpackaged - as well as many other industries.
Multi-Conveyor has successfully installed standard and custom conveyor solutions to over Integrators, OEM's, and end-users across multiple markets and industries for over two decades. Specializing in conveyors that assist in packaging food, dairy, pharmaceutical, chemical, industrial, automotive and material handling industries, our customers report they select Multi-Conveyor for concept/design, engineering skills, high-quality product, best value and prompt delivery schedules.
Multi-Conveyor excels in mild steel painted and stainless steel conveyors, multi-flex chain conveyors, plastic modular or friction belt systems, pre-engineered quick ship conveyors and our concept to installation custom designs.
For more information about Multi-Conveyor, or to get a quote on your next project, call toll-free 1-800-236-7960, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.multi-conveyor.com.
P O Box 10
Winneconne, WI 54986