Product News: Electronic Components & Devices
Two-Channel Differential Amplifier drives high-frequency ADCs.
Press Release Summary:
December 19, 2012 - Suited for driving 12- to 18-bit ADCs, ADL5566 features 3 dB bandwidth of 4.5 GHz and comes in 4 x 4 mm, 24-lead LFCSP. Product is optimized for wideband, high IF (intermediate frequency), low distortion, and noise performance out to 500 MHz. Â At 100 MHz, device achieves respective IP3 and IP2 values of 51 and 100 dBm. Design supports detailed specifications at 70, 100, 140, 250, 500, and 1,000 MHz, and power consumption is 70 mA per channel at 3.3 V and 80 mA per channel at 5 V.
Original Press Release
Analog Devices' Wideband Dual Differential Amplifier Drives High Frequency A/D Converters with Industry's Best Distortion and Noise Performance
Press release date: December 17, 2012
• Download data sheet or to order samples, see product page: http://www.analog.com/adl5566
• Get support at ADI’s EngineerZone™ online support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/rf
• Browse ADI’s entire RF portfolio including over 1000 RF ICs covering the entire signal chain from antenna to bits and back as well as full suite of design tools: http://www.analog.com/en/rfif-components/products/index.html
The ADL5566 differential amplifier supports detailed specifications at the following frequencies: 70 MHz, 100 MHz, 140 MHz, 250 MHz, 500 MHz, and 1000 MHz. Its best-in-class frequency distortion and noise level performance simplifies AAF (anti-aliasing filter) designs and allow system designers to continue increasing bandwidth and dynamic range for receivers with little or no impact on overall system performance.
ADL5566 Differential Amplifier Key Features:
• High intercept power linearity: OIP3/OIP2 46 dBm/82.6 dBm at 200 MHz (16 dB gain)
• 2nd/3rd order distortion levels (2 Vpp into 200 ohms): –94.5 dBc/ –87.2 dBc at 200 MHz (16 dB gain)
• RTI noise: 1.3 nV/√ HZ (16dB gain)
• Support single-ended and differential-input application
• Power consumption: 70 mA per channel at 3.3 V and 80 mA per channel at 5 V
• Power supply range: 2.8 V to 5.2 V with channel independent enable function
|Product||Sample Availability||Full Volume Production||Price Each In 1,000 Quantities||Packaging|
|ADL5566||Now||Now||$6.05||4mm x 4mm 24-lead LFCSP|
The ADL5566 differential amplifier can be easily designed with the AD9467 data converter, AD9250 and AD9643 dual-channel data converters, ADL5812 RF mixer, ADL5380 RF demodulator and ADF4351 PLL synthesizer for a complete dual-channel receiver design.
About Analog Devices
Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Follow ADI on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ADI_News
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/
Analog Devices, Inc.
Colleen Cronin, 781-937-1622