Low-Power Clock Oscillator runs on 800 nA battery supply current.
October 22, 2010 -
Model ISL12028 real-time clock oscillator features power-fail indicator, clock output and crystal compensation, battery backup switching, CPU Supervisor, and 512x8-bit EEPROM configured in 16 bytes/page. Utilizing external 32.768 kHz crystal, it tracks time with registers for hours, minutes, and seconds. Calendar, accurate through 2099 has registers for date, month, year, and day of week. Unit also features 400 kHz data transfer rate.
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
|Original Press release |
1001 Murphy Ranch Rd.
Milpitas, CA, 95035
The ISL12028 device is a low power real time clock with clock/calendar, power-fail indicator, clock output and crystal compensation, two periodic or polled alarms (CMOS output), intelligent battery backup switching, CPU Supervisor, integrated 512x8-bit EEPROM configured in 16 bytes per page.
The oscillator uses an external, low-cost 32.768kHz crystal. The real-time clock tracks time with separate registers for hours, minutes and seconds. The device has calendar registers for date, month, year and day of the week. The calendar is accurate through 2099, with automatic leap year correction.
The ISL12028 and ISL12028A Power Control Settings are different. The ISL12028 uses the Legacy Mode Setting, and the ISL12028A uses the Standard Mode Setting. Applications that have VBAT > VDD will require only the ISL12028A.
o Real Time Clock/Calendar
- Tracks time in Hours, Minutes and Seconds
- Day of the Week, Day, Month and Year
- 3 Selectable Frequency Outputs
o Two Non-Volatile Alarms
- Settable on the Second, Minute, Hour, Day of the Week, Day, or Month
- Repeat Mode (Periodic Interrupts)
o Automatic Backup to Battery or SuperCap
- Power Failure Detection
- 800nA Battery Supply Current
o On-Chip Oscillator Compensation
- Internal Feedback Resistor and Compensation Capacitors
- 64 Position Digitally Controlled Trim Capacitor
- 6 Digital Frequency Adjustment Settings to ±30ppm
o 512x8 Bits of EEPROM:
- 16-Byte Page Write Mode (32 total pages)
- 8 Modes of BlockLock(TM) Protection
- Single Byte Write Capability
- Data Retention: 50 years
- Endurance: >2,000,000 Cycles Per Byte
o CPU Supervisor Functions:
- Power On Reset, Low Voltage Sense
- Watchdog Timer (0.25s, 0.75s and 1.75s)
o I2C Interface
- 400kHz Data Transfer Rate
o 14 Ld SOIC and 14 Ld TSSOP Packages
o Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)