Products in the News
Original Press Release
Tektronix Showcases the Latest in Optical Test Innovation for Datacenter Networking at OFC 2017
Press release date: March 6, 2017
See New Advances in Optical Measurements for 100G, 400G Standards, and End-to-End Demonstration of the Industry's Only Optical Modulation Analysis Software Supporting Multi-OMA Systems
BEAVERTON, Ore., March 6, 2017 - Tektronix, Inc., a leading worldwide provider of measurement solutions, will showcase the latest in optical test innovation for datacenter networking at OFC 2017, the world's leading conference and exhibition for optical communications and networking professionals. The event features more than 600 companies on the exhibition floor and 1,150 technical and business presentations to help the more than 13,000 attendees leverage the latest in optical innovations and meet insatiable consumer and business demand for more bandwidth and increased datacenter performance.
"With 100G moving into production and 400G design efforts in full swing, the test challenges around characterization, verification and debug of both silicon and system designs have never been greater," said Brian Reich, general manager, Performance Oscilloscopes, Tektronix. "As OFC attendees will be able to see firsthand, Tektronix is well positioned to help our customers push the boundaries of higher data rates, emerging standards, and cutting-edge research while reducing time to market with our high-performance solutions."
Datacenter networking technology providers are looking to continuously increase the capacity and precision of high speed data transfers. Tektronix offers a comprehensive set of performance solutions to characterize electrical and optical performance that will be demonstrated at OFC in booth 2339, including:
- The DSA8300 sampling oscilloscope with an 80GHz optical sampling module showing support for IEEE 802.3bs based 400G optical testing for TDECQ, including new advances in high-sensitivity single-mode/multi-mode optical measurements for NRZ and PAM-4 up to 28GBd.
- The DPO70000SX 70GHz ATI performance oscilloscope analyzing single shot PAM-4 signals with live triggering and post-equalized error detection for 400G standards.
- An end-to-end demonstration of the industry's only optical modulation analysis software supporting multi-OMA systems, featuring the AWG70000 Series Arbitrary Waveform Generator, and the DPO70000SX oscilloscope for applications such as spatial division multiplexing and more.
- New announcements that will drive significant improvement in manufacturing yield on next generation optical components and interconnects.
- In addition, attendees can stop by the Tektronix booth 2339 to pick up an educational poster on PAM4 testing.
The Optical Fiber Conference and Exposition (OFC) is the largest global conference and exhibition for optical communications and networking professionals. For more than 40 years, OFC has drawn attendees from all corners of the globe to meet and greet, teach and learn, make connections and move business forward. OFC 2017 is being held March 19-23 in Los Angeles, Calif. For more information, go to http://www.ofcconference.org.
Headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, Tektronix delivers innovative, precise and easy-to-operate test, measurement and monitoring solutions that solve problems, unlock insights and drive discovery. Tektronix has been at the forefront of the digital age for over 70 years. Join us on the journey of innovation at TEK.COM.
SOURCE Tektronix, Inc.
Web Site: http://www.tektronix.com