ASTM Compilation on Nanofluids is now available.
Press Release Summary:
January 28, 2013 - STP 1567, Nanofluids, features 11 peer-reviewed papers that focus on nanofluid technology, including heat transfer/thermal transport, composition, applications, preparation, and characterization. Some topics covered include: optimum CNT concentration and bath temperature for maximum heat transfer rate during quenching in CNT nanofluids; copper oxide nanofluid with water in electronic cooling; and nanofluid boiling, flow visualization, critical heat flux enhancement, and transient characteristics.
Original Press Release
ASTM International Compilation on Nanofluids Now Available
Press release date: January 22, 2013
Nanofluids have extensive applications as coolants in the electronic, nuclear and heat treatment industry. They also enhance the lubricating properties of oils and reduce emissions in automobiles. Topics covered include:
• Optimum CNT concentration and bath temperature for maximum heat transfer rate during quenching in CNT nanofluids;
• Copper oxide nanofluid with water in electronic cooling;
• Nanofluid boiling, flow visualization, critical heat flux enhancement and transient characteristics;
• Surfactant coated Ce-Zr nanoparticles/nanofuel and reduction of emission in a diesel engine using nanofuel; and
• Addition of aluminum nanoparticles on cooling performance and quench severity of water during immersion quenching.
STP 1567, Nanofluids, is available for $55 USD in print (196 pages; 6” x 9” soft cover; ISBN: 978-0-8031-7555-6; Stock #: STP1567) or as an e-book (ISBN: 978-0-8031-7560-0; Stock #: STP1567-EB).
To purchase ASTM publications, search by stock number on the ASTM Web site (www.astm.org), or contact ASTM Customer Relations (phone: 877-909-ASTM; firstname.lastname@example.org).
ASTM International is one of the largest international standards development and delivery systems in the world. ASTM International meets the World Trade Organization (WTO) principles for the development of international standards: coherence, consensus, development dimension, effectiveness, impartiality, openness, relevance and transparency. ASTM standards are accepted and used in research and development, product testing, quality systems and commercial transactions.
ASTM Staff Contact: Marsha Firman, Phone: 610-832-9612; email@example.com