Analog Devices Expands Its Industry Leading D/A Converter Portfolio
Analog Devices, Inc.
1 Technology Way, P.O. Box 9106
Norwood, MA, 02062-9106
Press release date: July 31, 2012
ADI introduces AD5686/96 quad 16-bit nanoDAC+ and AD5316R/7R quad 10-bit nanoDAC® D/A converters in tiny packages, targeting a wide range of instrumentation and communications applications.
NORWOOD, Mass. - Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), the data converter market share leader*, today introduced a second series of quad 16- and 12-bit 3V/5V D/A converters in space-saving 16-lead LFCSP and TSSOP packages. These new AD5686/96 nanoDAC+(TM) quad D/A converters offer the industry's best DC performance (INL is ±2LSB max, offset error is ±1.5mV max and gain error is ±0.1% max) in the smallest package (3mm x 3mm LFCSP), with SPI or I˛C interface options. Applications such as PLC (programmable logic controller) I/O cards, digital oscilloscopes, signal generators and optical modules that require low power, rail-to-rail, single-supply D/A converters will benefit from the AD568x/9x series' industry leading performance.
Also today, ADI introduced the AD5316R and AD5317R quad 10-bit nanoDACs®. Both products offer similar DC performance to the AD5686/96, high robustness (up to 4-kV ESD), and low drift on-chip 2.5-V voltage reference in a 3mm x 3mm footprint. These D/A converters were developed to provide flexibility in terms of DAC output range and to meet the needs of cost sensitive applications with limited board space.
· View the AD5686 D/A converter product page, order samples and eval boards and download the data sheet: http://www.analog.com/ad5686
· View the AD5317 D/A converter product page, order samples and eval boards and download the data sheet: http://www.analog.com/ad5317r
· Get support at ADI's EngineerZone(TM) online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/data_converters/precision_dacs
· Explore technical fundamentals and design considerations for various aspects of D/A conversion functions: http://www.analog.com/en/data-conversion-knowledge-resource/conversions/index.html Pricing, Availability and Related Products Samples and evaluation boards are currently available.
Part No. Availability Resolution (Bits) Interface Price About Analog Devices
AD5686 Now 16 SPI $7.86 AD5696 Now 16 I2C $7.86 AD5684 Now 12 SPI $4.60 AD5694 Now 12 I2C $4.60 AD5316R Now 10 SPI $2.88 AD5317R Now 10 I2C $2.88
Related ADI quad nanoDAC® products:
INTERFACE REFERENCE 16-Bit 14-Bit 12-Bit 10-Bit SPI Internal AD5686R AD5685R AD5684R AD5317R
I2C Internal AD5696R AD5695R AD5694R AD5316R
Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index. http://www.analog.com
* Analog Devices, Inc. leads the worldwide data converter market with a 48.5 percent share, according to industry analyst firm Databeans, Inc. in its market research report titled "2012 Analog." Analog Devices' share is larger than the combined market share of the nearest eight competitors.
Follow ADI on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ADI_News.
To subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI's monthly technical journal, visit: http://www.analog.com/subscribe
Analog Devices Inc.
Doug Bartow, 336-605-4145
Source: Analog Devices, Inc.
Analog Devices, Inc. Corporate Communications Department, Three Technology Way, Norwood, MA 02062