Press Release Summary:
Original Press Release:
HP Enables Increased Productivity for Business Customers and Mobile Professionals
New HP Officejet printers produce professionalquality documents in the office and on the go
PALO ALTO, Calif., - HP today announced new business inkjet solutions designed to help business customers of all sizes maximize productivity as telecommuting, branch offices and mobile workforces proliferate.
With 85 percent of the global enterprise workforce expected to be mobile by 2015,(1) the HP Officejet Pro 8000 Enterprise Printer and HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer allow business customers and mobile professionals to produce professional-quality documents in the office and on the go.
"The mobile workforce and trends in telecommuting have altered the business landscape and technology requirements in recent years, and customer expectations have never been higher when it comes to printing," said Stephen Nigro, senior vice president, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. "The HP Officejet value proposition is resonating with customers of all sizes, and HP has once again strengthened its industry-leading portfolio with reliable, high-performing inkjet solutions to help these customers succeed."
Impressive features bundled in one mobile product
Time-pressured mobile professionals can print with confidence and increase efficiency while on the go with the HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer, a compact, durable device that offers:
- A powerful, long-life lithium ion battery - print up to 500 pages when the battery is fully charged and the included 65-watt AC power adapter is compatible with selected HP Notebooks.
- Built-in Bluetooth® wireless technology to print high-quality documents on the go from selected mobile devices including notebooks, netbooks and Windows Mobile®, BlackBerry, HP webOS and Nokia Symbian smartphones.(2)
- A 50-sheet paper tray and the ability to print at up to 22 ppm black/18 ppm color and ISO print speeds up to 5 ppm black/3.5 ppm color.(3)
- Ability to connect to a PictBridge compatible device and print labquality, borderless 4 x 6-inch photos on the go.(2, 4)
- Energy savings and extended battery life - ENERGY STAR® qualified, the device automatically powers down when idle.
Easy integration and impressive management features
To help address the IT challenges associated with printing support for remote workers as well as the space constraints of satellite offices and telecommuters, HP is offering its first Officejet Pro inkjet printer for the enterprise with built-in support for HP's print management tools. The network-enabled HP Officejet Pro 8000 Enterprise Printer offers several benefits to enhance a company's printing capabilities, including:
- HP Universal Print Driver and HP Web Jetadmin to easily integrate the device into managed printing environments, increasing productivity and reducing IT management costs.
- Compatibility across existing IT infrastructures and operating environments with support for SAP, Windows Cluster Server, Citrix Server and more.
- Professional color documents for up to 50 percent lower cost per page and energy use than laser printers.(5) The HP Officejet Pro 8000 Enterprise Printer is ENERGY STAR qualified and uses up to 50 percent less paper with automatic two-sided printing, and up to 80 percent less supplies and packaging by weight compared with color
- Support for HP ePrint Enterprise, which gives users the ability to print from BlackBerry or HP webOS devices to any networked enterprise printer or thousands of HP ePrint Mobile Print locations.(7, 8)
- Enhanced efficiency of business processes with features like ISO print speeds of up to 13ppm black and 8.5ppm color,(3) automatic two sided printing, a 15,000-page monthly duty cycle, a 250-sheet paper tray expandable up to 500 sheets, standard networking with built-in Ethernet and Hi-speed USB 2.0, and commercial support.
- Increased printing options with support for HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5c, HP Postscript 3 and 80 scalable TrueType fonts.(9) Additional fonts can be downloaded directly to the printer.
- Great value for frequent printing and less intervention with highcapacity cartridges and individual inks. Documents are water-resistant with HP Officejet pigment inks and ColorLok® papers.
- Security management, including the ability to configure features such as a password-protected Embedded Web Server (EWS), SSL/HTTPS redirection, device firewall and Syslog for device events.
Pricing and availability(10)
The HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer is available worldwide for $279 through HP and HP authorized resellers, and as a telecommuter bundle through HP Easy Print Service for customers in the United States.
The HP Officejet Pro 8000 Enterprise Printer is available worldwide for $199 through HP, HP authorized resellers and pay-per-use HP Managed Print Services contracts.
Additional information on the HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer and HP Officejet Pro 8000 Enterprise Printer is available at www.hp.com/officejetpro.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information
about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.
(1) "The Rise Of Wannabe And Maverick Mobile Workers," Forrester Research, Inc., Feb. 16, 2011.
(2) Notebook or netbook must be Bluetooth enabled. Includes Windows Mobile phones.
Additional fee required through third-party service provider for BlackBerry, HP webOS and Nokia Symbian smartphones.
(3) After first page or after first set of ISO test pages. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/printerclaims.
(4) On photo paper only.
(5) Majority of color laser printers less than $300, July 2010. Details at www.hp.com/officejetpro.
OJ Pro ISO yield with highest-capacity cartridges based on continuous printing; details are available at www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies. Energy use based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR program's TEC test method criteria.
(6) Compared with the majority of color laser printers less than $300, July 2010. Calculation compares weight of supplies and cartridge packaging needed for the same amount of pages based on ISO yield and continuous printing.
(7) HP ePrint Enterprise requires Internet- and email-capable BlackBerry smartphone OS 4.5 or newer, and HP webOS devices running webOS 1.45 or 2.0, with separately purchased
wireless Internet service, HP ePrint Enterprise server software and HP ePrint services app. Solution works with PCL5/6, PCL3, PCL3GUI printers (HP and non-HP). BlackBerry requires BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) deployment. HP webOS app available July 2011.
(8) Usage of HP ePrint services app at mobile print locations requires Internet- and email-capable smartphone with separately purchased wireless Internet service, and the HP ePrint services app. Availability and cost of printing varies by mobile print location. A list of applicable smartphones and operating systems is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintmobile. HP webOS app available July 2011.
(9) Includes Microsoft® Windows® (80 fonts), HP PCL 6 (includes 45 scalable TrueType fonts and one bitmapped line printer font), HP PCL 5e, PostScript 3 emulation (includes 35 built-in PostScript language fonts).
(10) Estimated U.S. street price. Actual price may vary.
Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license. Microsoft, Windows and Windows Mobile are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the
competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended
January 31, 2011 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements. © 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or
omissions contained herein.