New payment systems and software enable acquirers and ISOs to support the traditional, mobile and alternative payment needs of today’s small merchants
To tweet this news, copy and paste http://verifone.me/11qnT2F to your Twitter handle with the hashtags #ETA2013, #mobilepayments, #EMV
New Orleans – (ETA 2013, Booth #230) – VeriFone Systems, Inc., announced today new countertop, portable and mobile payment systems and mobile POS software designed to meet the unique business needs of acquirers and ISOs.
The need for future-proof solutions continues to grow as EMV migration looms, consumer interest in mobile wallets and alternative payments increases, and merchants look to leverage the power and flexibility of mobility inside and outside the physical store. VeriFone is committed to delivering EMV and NFC-capable solutions that meet the unique needs of each channel partner, and the evolving needs of their merchant customers.
New Payment Acceptance Systems
VeriFone’s new, future-proof payment acceptance systems include:
• VX 520 Color: A new version of the popular EMV-capable VX 520 that features a 3G option, a vivid LCD color display and provides an improved user experience for merchants through a new 5-way navigation button and icon-based apps.
• VX 680 3G: A portable, EMV-capable system that leverages the industry’s fastest wireless communication speed to help merchants serve their customers and make the sale quickly, inside or outside the store.
• VX 675: The smallest all-in-one, EMV-capable, wireless handheld payment device with durable construction that makes it ideal for restaurants, hospitality, delivery, transportation or other business that thrives on pay-anywhere, pay-anytime convenience.
• PAYware Mobile e105: An EMV-capable, PCI PTS debit-approved mobile payment acceptance solution that securely turns smartphones, tablets and other smart devices into a point of sale.
• VX 520 LE: A new entry-level device that can be combined with the widely available VX 805 PIN pad to create an affordable EMV migration path without compromising speed or durability.
New Mobile POS Software
VeriFone also introduced a new solution that empowers acquirers and ISOs to enrich their offerings with full-featured POS software previously only available to large merchants. The channel-ready GlobalBay Merchant solution is a software system for mobile tablets that provides smaller merchants with the same benefits that leading Tier 1 and 2 retailers enjoy with VeriFone’s GlobalBay Mobile POS (mPOS). The solution is ideal for supporting individual operators with 1-25 locations that need centralized access to and control of the point-of-sale at each retail store.
“VeriFone is committed to enabling channel partner success in a rapidly evolving market by providing EMV-capable, portable and mobile solutions that meet merchant needs today and are able to support the new requirements of tomorrow,” said Jennifer Miles, president of VeriFone Americas. “We are focused on delivering certified, customizable products and services that enable our partners to bridge traditional payments and new innovations.”