Press Release Summary:
Eclipse VCT connects position sensors, power outputs to solenoids, and communications systems such as AS-I, DeviceNet, Modbus and Foundation Fieldbus modules to standard VDI/VDE 3845 (Namur) valve actuators. It is available in non-incendive version for hazardous areas and in general-purpose micro-connector version for heavy wash-down and non-hazardous applications. Red and green LEDs indicate electronic switch status.
Original Press Release:
New Eclipse VCT Platform
Compact Solid State Valve Communications Terminal Platform Adapts Directly to ISO Namur Valve Actuators
FERGUS FALLS, MN (January 22, 2002) - The New Eclipse VCT (valve communications terminal) from StoneL integrates open and closed solid-state sensors and communications into a sealed module. The function module and trigger/indicator attach directly to standard VDI/VDE 3845 (Namur) actuator accessory mounting pads quickly and conveniently. The Eclipse series is available in a non-incendive version (ECN) for hazardous areas and in a general-purpose micro connector version (ECG) for heavy wash-down and non-hazardous applications.
The ECN version is an environmentally sealed platform rated for NEMA 4, 4x and 6 (temporary submersability) and certified to FM and CSA standards for non-incendive (Class I Division 2) and CENELEC approved for intrinsically safe (IIC T6 Zones 1 and 2) applications. An auxiliary solenoid valve may be conveniently wired directly into the ECN terminal strip in the enclosure for additional wiring savings.
The extremely compact ECG version features convenient micro-connector wiring for auxiliary solenoid termination and attachment to plant wiring systems, speeding installation and set-up time. The ECG is ideally suited for general-purpose corrosive, heavy wash-down environments and is rated NEMA 4, 4x and 6. And, because of its simplicity, it offers the most cost effective solution on the market for valve communication.
Eclipse VCTs offer exceptional value and space efficiency. Users may select from Namur sensors, SST switching sensors, or AS-I, DeviceNet, Modbus or Foundation Fieldbus communication protocols. All are solid state and epoxy sealed in the Lexan® polycarbonate module.
A broad range of standard features makes the Eclipse platform an exceptional value.
* Position sensors, communication electronics and power outputs for solenoids integrated into an extremely compact, rugged valve communications terminal.
* A red/green visual indicator boldly displays valve status and coordinates with red/green LEDs for safe operation.
* Epoxy sealed sensors and electronics eliminate hazard threat and corrosion problems.
* Attaches directly to ISO/Namur mounting pads used on most popular actuators.
* High intensity red and green LEDs indicate electronic switch status.
* Sensor triggers adjustable in 3.5-degree increments through 360 degrees for precision and flexibility.
* All mechanical parts made of Lexan® or stainless steel for corrosion resistance and durability.
* No moving mating parts assure long life and trouble-free operation.