Lawrence, MA - June 6, 2017 - Spectral Evolution’s oreXpress™ spectrometer with EZ-ID software can provide critical real-time mineral identification for indicator minerals for kimberlite exploration such as garnet, chromite, ilmenite, Cr-diopside and olivine.
The oreXpress field NIR spectrometer with EZ-ID delivers two spectral libraries (USGS and SPECMin™) containing known samples for minerals associated with kimberlites. By matching the spectra of your unknown field sample against those in the two libraries, EZ-ID can provide a fast and easy initial identification to create an accurate mineral map and decide on the best drilling locations. In addition, the oreXpress with EZ-ID can be used to identify mineral alteration in core or chips after drilling to vector to mineralization.
EZ-ID allows you to focus on the most important features for an accurate match by highlighting those features using match regions. You can select different match regions for comparison of different features and identification. Your results can be saved to an Excel file. All data is saved as an ASCII file for quick inclusion in third party software analysis programs such as TSG, GRAMS, and 3-D mapping programs.
The identification of the mineral can help to target the most promising locations for drilling and focus additional investigation on those areas most likely to yield an economically viable kimberlite pipe. The oreXpress spectrometer delivers:
- Rapid data/spectra collection in the field
- High resolution/high sensitivity for accurate reflectance values
- Fast start-up and use with no optimization step required between scans
- Sturdy construction to handle field conditions
- Reliability with no moving optics and a robust metal clad fiber optic cable connector with easy-disconnect fiber
- A rugged and reliable mineral contact probe for single-click field measurements, for use in core logging shacks, and for use with chip trays
- Fast and accurate identification of an unknown mineral to a known library sample
- Ease of use - just collect a target scan and see immediate match results in real time on your laptop
- Simple, consistent user interface
- Include or exclude spectral regions of interest for optimal results
- Fast scanning for optimum field work or core shack logging
With our Custom Library Builder software module, EZ-ID allows you to scan known samples and quickly build a custom library for a particular project, mineral, location, and more. You can select pre-defined metadata fields or define your own.
For more information: http://www.spectralevolution.com/applications_kimberlite.html
About SPECTRAL EVOLUTION
Established in 2004, SPECTRAL EVOLUTION is a leading manufacturer of laboratory and handheld portable spectrometers, spectroradiometers and spectrophotometers. SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers are used worldwide for many mission-critical lab and field applications in mining, remote sensing, vegetative studies, ground truthing, environmental and climate studies, developing satellite calibrations, and more, due to their reliable, robust, rugged design and user-friendly one-touch features.
Marketing & Sales
1 Canal Street, Unit B1
Lawrence, MA 01840 USA