Press Release Summary:
DataTravelerÂ® Locker+ USB Flash drive allows access to contents via interface that requires complex password. Device locks down and reformats after 10 incorrect password attempts. Compatible with Windows and Mac, it is available in 4, 8, 16, and 32 GB versions that are USB 2.0 compliant and 1.1 compatible. Unit measures 2.58 x 0.71 x 0.41 in. and operates in temperatures from 32-140Â°F.
Original Press Release:
Kingston Digital Ships Secure, Affordable USB Flash Drive
DataTraveler Locker+ Allows Portable Security at Lower Cost
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Nov. 17 / / - Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the DataTraveler® Locker+ USB Flash drive. The DataTraveler Locker+ allows companies of any size to secure mobile data with the ease and confidence of knowing that their data is encrypted and safe. The DataTraveler Locker+ also comes at a lower cost in times of shrinking IT budgets, making it ideal for budget-conscious companies.
"Kingston created this drive to address the rise in data loss and theft which has been a growing problem with expensive consequences. This device gives companies a solution that is not only affordable but provides peace of mind in securing mobile data," said Mark Akoubian, business manager, Secure USB Products, Kingston®. "The DataTraveler Locker+ encrypts 100 percent of the contents and is available at a price point that is very attractive for all entities looking to comply with corporate security policies."
Data on the Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ is secured with 256-bit hardware-based AES encryption. Access to the drive's contents is through a simple to use interface requiring a complex password. The likelihood of successful brute force attacks on the DataTraveler Locker+ is reduced as the drive locks down and reformats after 10 incorrect password attempts.
The 100 percent encrypted DataTraveler Locker+ ships in up to 32GB capacity. For companies in need of a partitionable area on the USB drive for public sharing (e.g., within an office setting), Kingston offers the DataTraveler Locker which allows both a public and encrypted zone. Kingston also ships the DataTraveler Vault - Privacy Edition for enterprise and government customers requiring a speedier, more robust Flash drive. It is also waterproof and Trade Agreements Act-compliant. For more information visit http:///www.kingston.com.
Operating System File Transfer
Windows® 7** Yes
Windows Vista® (SP1, SP2)** Yes
Windows XP (SP1, SP2, SP3) Yes
Windows 2000 (SP4) Yes
Mac OS X v.10.4 - v.10.6 Yes
Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ USB Flash Drive
Part Number Capacity and Features MSRP (U.S. only).
DTL+/4GB DataTraveler Locker+ 4GB $36.00
DTL+/8GB DataTraveler Locker+ 8GB $50.00
DTL+/16GB DataTraveler Locker+ 16GB $100.00
DTL+/32GB DataTraveler Locker+ 32GB $200.00
DataTraveler Locker+ Features and Specifications:
- Full Encryption: 100 percent of stored data is protected by 256-bit
AES hardware-based encryption
- Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 intrusion attempts
- Enforced password protection: complex password is user set with
minimum characteristics to prevent unauthorized access
- Easy to use: no admin rights or application installation required
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty with 24/7 customer support
- Dimensions: 2.58" x 0.71" x 0.41" (65.76mm x 17.98mm x 10.7mm)
- Capacities*: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- Compatibility: designed to USB 2.0 specifications
- Operating Temperature: 32 degrees F to 140 degrees F (0 degrees C to
60 degrees C)
- Storage Temperature: -4 degrees F to 185 degrees F (-20 degrees to 85
- Minimum System Requirements:
- USB 2.0 compliant and 1.1 compatible
- Two (2) free consecutive drive letters required for use***
* Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston's Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
** Does not support ReadyBoost(TM).
*** First free drive letters after physical devices such as system partition, optical drives, etc.
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. ("KDI") is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.