Press Release Summary:
To meet evolving consumer demands, USB audio decoder ICs - BU9457KV (MP3) and BU9458KV (MP3, WMA, AAC) - incorporate Â±6 kV ESD resistance at USB terminal to eliminate need for external countermeasures for surge noise and reduce total number of parts required. All components required for music playback from USB/SD memory are built into one 12 x 12 mm VQFP64 package, including interface hardware, decoder, file system, and system controller. Both models are pin- and software-compatible.
Original Press Release:
BU9457KV: MP3/BU9458KV: MP3, WMA, AAC
Today, high reliability is no longer reserved solely for automotive applications. A growing number of devices require increased reliability in order to meet evolving consumer demands. ROHM meets this need by developing USB audio decoder ICs (BU9457KV: MP3/BU9458KV: MP3, WMA, AAC) featuring ±6kV ESD resistance at the USB terminal. This eliminates the need for external countermeasures for surge noise, such as protection diodes, resistors, and ICs, reducing the number of parts required. Design is also simplified, resulting in a smaller form factor.
1. All components required for music playback from USB/SD memory are built into a single chip, including interface hardware, decoder, file system, and system controller
2. ±6kV USB terminal ESD resistance
3. Superior surge noise resistance characteristics (Air: 15kV, Ground: 8kV)
4. Compact VQFP64 package (12mm × 12mm chip size)
5. BU9457KV and BU9458KV are both pin- and software-compatible, making upgrades/replacements easy
Mini component stereo systems, car audio, portable music players, car navigation, recliners, and more