Press Release Summary:
Model ESFR-17 Early Suppression Fast Response Sprinkler can be used in storage buildings up to 35 ft high with 30 ft of storage. It may be installed on branch-line piping up to 3 in. without sprigs. Sprinkler offers end-head pressure savings from 15 to 23 psi compared to K14 ESFR, and eliminates requirement for in-rack sprinklers.
Original Press Release:
Tyco Fire & Building Products Presents The New Upright ESFR-17 Sprinkler
June 21, 2002 - Lansdale, PA -The Model ESFR-17 Upright sprinkler is the next step in the evolution of storage sprinklers. The Upright version Early Suppression Fast Response sprinkler, with a K-factor of 16.8 offers the suppression characteristics needed for high challenge storage fires, combined with ease of installation and very low end-head pressure requirements.
The Model ESFR-17 Upright sprinkler features and benefits are as follows:
- End-Head pressure savings from 15 psi to 23 psi compared to K14 ESFR
- May help decrease "branch-line" and "main" pipe sizes
- Can reduce the need for or downsize a fire pump
- May be installed on "branch-line" piping up to 3", without "sprigs"
- Significantly reduced obstruction criteria typical for ESFR pendent sprinklers
- Eliminates the requirement for "in-rack" sprinklers
- Allowed for use in storage buildings up to 35'-0" in height, with 30'-0" of storage
- May be used combined with pendent ESFR-17 sprinklers
For further information and literature please contact the Tyco Fire & Building Products Customer Service Center, 7071 S. 13th Street, Oak Creek, WI, 53154. Phone 877-436-8926 or Fax 877-
866-9250 for information.
For installation and technical information, please contact the Tyco Fire & Building Products Technical Service Department, 1467 Elmwood Ave., Cranston, RI, 02910. Phone 401-781-8220
Tyco Fire & Building Products is an international company focusing on innovative fire protection products for a variety of markets, including Special Hazards, High Value Occupancy, Commercial, Industrial, and Residential. These include sprinklers and automatic sprinkler systems, valves, pipe, and related accessories. Based in Lansdale, PA, Tyco Fire & Building Products is a subsidiary of Tyco International Ltd.