Press Release Summary:
- Supports 200 different Swiss-type machine models
- Features three channels, 3x Y-axis, 3x Z-axis, B-axis front and back for Citizen D25 model
- Offers integration of laser cutting operations for Tsugami and Citizen
Original Press Release:
DP Technology Introduces Updated CAM Software for 2020
DP Technology, the parent company of the ESPRIT CAM system, introduces an array of software updates for 2020.
Camarillo, California (April 6, 2020) – DP Technology announces a comprehensive product update, called ESPRIT 2020, for their computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software. Among the most significant developments are updates to the software’s computer-aided design (CAD) interfaces and new or improved solutions for specific machine tools.
ESPRIT 2020 features plentiful updates for Swiss-type machining. This technique is defined by its small, often intricate parts. Medical devices, such as bone screws, are typically manufactured on Swiss-type machines. ESPRIT’s 2020 update introduces or enhances support for 200 different Swiss-type machine models, including:
- Citizen D25, which features three channels, 3x Y-axis, 3x Z-axis, B-axis front and back
- Star SV 38R, which features three channels and a B-axis
- Tsugami SS38, a chucker-convertible sliding headstock lathe with B-axis
- Tornos machines
- Seamless integration of laser cutting operations for Tsugami and Citizen
- Willemin-Macodel MT series machines
The 2020 update also includes updated support for the latest CAD software, including:
- SolidWorks 2020
- SolidEdge 2020
- PTC Creo 6
- NX 1847
Improved CAD support allows users to better design and visualize parts before manufacturing begins. CAD modeling is an integral part of designing and optimizing any new part, and different software types specialize in different modeling techniques.
Additionally, ESPRIT 2020 expands mill-turn support to the following machines:
- Index G200 and G220, featuring two and three turrets and a disk turret mounted on a B-axis
- Miyano BNE 51 MSY, featuring three X-axes and three Z-axes
- Traub TNX, featuring simultaneous independent machining with up to four tool carriers
- CMZ TTL, featuring two turrets and two spindles
Enhanced profile threading and probing capabilities round out the product release.
“Product releases are always exciting for us, because often we’re providing a solution where one did not previously exist,” says Tania Campanelli, Director of Research and Development at DP Technology. “2020 is no different. We look forward to more users discovering why ESPRIT is the right choice.”
ESPRIT® is a powerful CAM system for CNC programming, optimization and simulation — supporting the entire manufacturing process. With factory-certified post processors delivering machine-optimized G-code and ESPRIT’s ability to solve unique challenges with automation solutions, ESPRIT is the smart manufacturing solution for any machining application. With world-class technical support, ESPRIT empowers you to get started quickly and keep running at top efficiency. ESPRIT is the only CAM system you’ll ever need.
About DP Technology Corp.
DP Technology Corp. is a leading developer and supplier of computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software. ESPRIT®, DP Technology's flagship product, is a powerful, high-performance, full-spectrum programming system for milling, turning, wire EDM, multi-tasking machine tools and metal additive manufacturing. ESPRIT and its support personnel embody DP Technology's passion for excellence and vision of technology's potential.
DP Technology reinforces its commitment to technical excellence by dedicating nearly 20 percent of its annual revenue to ongoing research and product development. This long-term focus has produced powerful technological innovations that have placed ESPRIT in an industry-leading position since its market launch in 1985.
DP Technology Corp.
1150 Avenida Acaso
Camarillo, CA 93012 USA}
Tel +1 805 388 6000