Ticona, the engineering polymers business of Celanese Corporation, is showcasing its thermoplastics for composites at SAMPE 2013 from Tuesday to Thursday, May 7 to 9, at the Long Beach Convention Center in California.
The Ticona exhibit (Booth #K34) will highlight thermoplastic solutions for continuous-fiber composites used in light and tough components that can reduce weight, drive down costs and perform in extreme environments.
The Ticona team will be on hand to discuss the advantages of its thermoplastics and composites product line that includes:
Fortron® polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) delivers proven production performance in critical aerospace structures, including the JEC 2013 Innovation Award-winning lightweight horizontal tailplane on the AgustaWestland AW169 helicopter.
• Superior FST (flame, smoke, toxicity) performance - exceeds aircraft interior requirements
• High-temperature performance to 240 degrees Celsius (as demonstrated under-the-hood)
• Superior dimensional stability (low shrink, CTE and creep)
• Broad chemical resistance to fuels, oils, solvents, fluids, strong acids, bases (pH 2-12), even at elevated temperatures
• Substantial cost savings vs. other high-temperature polymers
Celstran® continuous fiber reinforced thermoplastics (CFR-TP) for unidirectional tapes, rods and profiles.
• Low weight with high stiffness and toughness
• Excellent impregnation technology
• High-performance dimensional, mechanical and thermal properties
• Superior chemical and corrosion resistance
• Wide range of resins, fibers and additives
Ticona encourages you to visit the Composites section of its website. Read how Ticona continues to develop thermoplastics for composites for use in aerospace, oil and gas, automotive and industrial applications.
DCP Press Relations
518-479-7632 - Office
518-428-1072 - Cell