Press Release Summary:
Logility Voyager Collaborate(TM) v6.2 offers collaborative event management by synchronizing time-phased event plans and related buyer and seller activities for promotions, new product introductions, substitutions, close-outs, and new store openings. Collaborative Event Calendar coordinates consolidated view of each trading partners' plans. Events Control Tower optimizes user's time with role-based view of events, and Campaign Summary provides flexible synopsis.
Original Press Release:
Logility Announces Collaborative Event Management to Increase Value Chain Visibility
Calendar, Event Monitoring and Promotional Lift Visibility Boost Value From Collaboration
CHICAGO, June 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Logility (Nasdaq: LGTY), a leading supplier of business-to-business collaborative commerce solutions to optimize the supply chain, today announced the availability of collaborative event management to increase value chain visibility with the latest version of Logility Voyager Collaborate(TM). Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR(R)) pilots have identified significant return on investment (ROI) opportunities around collaborative event management that are automated with Logility Voyager Collaborate through calendar synchronization, special event monitoring and promotional lift visibility.
Logility Voyager Collaborate increases value chain visibility by synchronizing time-phased event plans and related buyer and seller activities for promotions, new product introductions, substitutions, close-outs and new store openings. As manufacturers and retailers attempt to drive business and differentiate themselves in highly competitive markets, the complexity and number of promotions and special events are expanding rapidly. This proliferation emphasizes the need to more effectively manage and automatically update, monitor and alert trading partners to significant supply chain events, expanding the tangible benefits of collaboration.
Voyager Collaborate incorporates a Collaborative Event Calendar to coordinate a consolidated view of each trading partners' plans, synchronizing critical information on product launches, new store openings, special events and promotions in an easy to understand format. Event status parameters and event-based monitoring of key supply chain activities ensure a common understanding of event plans and performance-to-date.
"Many consumer goods and retail companies are highly promotion-driven. The ability to synchronize, view and monitor promotions and special events with specific trading partners greatly increases the value of collaboration. Clients should look to vendors with CPFR solutions to offer this service," stated Andrew White, Research Director at Gartner, Inc.
"Logility has continued to lead the industry in collaborative supply chain solutions, and these new enhancements to Logility Voyager Collaborate offer the industry's first collaborative event management solution which will enable our customers to quickly create a competitive advantage," said Mike Edenfield, Logility President and CEO.
Logility Voyager Collaborate version 6.2 is available today and enables both company-wide internal and external collaboration to share jointly in developing promotions, sales forecasts and replenishment plans among sales, marketing, manufacturing and finance, as well as external trading partners such as suppliers, distributors and customers.
Key Features of Logility Voyager Collaborate 6.2 include:
- Collaborative Event Calendar coordinates a consolidated graphical view of each trading partners' corporate calendar, synchronizing critical information on product launches, new store openings, special events and promotions that impact demand creation and fulfillment. Additionally, users may select special icons to visually identify specific event types.
- Events Control Tower optimizes the user's time with a role-based view of events such as promotions, new product introductions, substitutions and close-outs related to specific buyer and seller trading pairs. The user can view a list of new or updated events providing a consistent understanding of scheduled activities. Additionally, each trading partner can respond to prioritized supply chain alerts and focus on resolving exceptions to accelerate the value chain and ensure optimal product availability.
- Expanded Event-based Monitoring incorporates special event related exceptions that identify discrepancies in promotional lifts, sell-in and sell-through rates, calendar schedules, item assignments or availability as well as missing data. Additionally, event status parameters allow trading partners to track proposed events during various stages from inter-company approval through campaign completion.
- Campaign Summary provides a flexible synopsis that incorporates additional information such as the event name, date, owner, and items assignments as well as trade dollar funding, coupon information, event status, revenue or volume goals, and performance-to-date.
- Event Audits provide complete visibility of all changes and comments made for an event from start to finish including date changes, status updates, item assignments, product availability, etc.
As Logility's fourth-generation collaborative planning solution, Voyager Collaborate delivers greater supply chain visibility and enhanced decision support that allows companies to proactively and efficiently plan their businesses with customers and suppliers via the Internet. Voyager Collaborate is an open, vendor neutral supply chain visibility and advanced collaborative business process framework that flexibly automates and manages collaboration between buyers and sellers throughout the value chain in areas such as sales and order forecasting, planning, exception and alert notification, promotion management and business trend analysis. Designed for rapid deployment, Voyager Collaborate can be implemented in both private company portals and public trading exchanges and provides a zero deployment client to accelerate the implementation effort and optimize total cost of ownership.
Logility is a leading provider of B2B collaborative commerce solutions to optimize the supply chain. Logility Voyager Solutions enable networks of trading partners including suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and retailers to collaborate, integrate and synchronize their planning and e-fulfillment operations. Logility customers have realized substantial bottom-line results in record time. Voyager Solutions are CPFR(R) compliant, open, and scalable facilitating even the most complex trading partner networks. Logility is proud to serve such customers as ConAgra, Heineken USA, McCormick & Company, Pharmacia, Reynolds Metals, Timex and VF Corporation. Logility is a majority-owned sabsidiary of American Software (Nasdaq: AMSWA). For more information about Logility call 1-800-762-5207 or visit www.logility.com.