Press Release Summary:
IBM developerWorks(TM) Subscription provides users with access to IBM software development tools and middleware needed to build, test, evaluate, and demonstrate applications. Purchased on annual basis, subsription enables users to work with software from DB2Â®, LotusÂ®, TivoliÂ®, RationalÂ®, and WebSphereÂ®. In addition to online download catalog, users get choice of CDs with 4 periodic shipments during subscription length; custom CD option is available for choosing only products users want.
Original Press Release:
IBM DeveloperWorks Subscription - Annual Subscription to a Comprehensive Portfolio of IBM Software Development Tools and Middleware
Get convenient access to the IBM software development tools and middleware you need to build, test, evaluate, and demonstrate applications by subscribing to the IBM developerWorks(TM) Subscription.
An annual fee provides you with continuous access to a comprehensive portfolio of the latest software from DB2® , Lotus® , Tivoli® , Rational® , and WebSphere® . Whether you are an Eclipse, Web, Java(TM), professional J2EE developer, or a lead architect who needs access to the latest and greatest, the developerWorks Subscription has a subscription level to meet your needs. Easy access, continuous updates, and the flexibility of a "portal-like" integration of best-of-breed tools, allow you to maximize return on investment (ROI) and lower your labor costs, leading to superior developer productivity. By delivering value and building skills on IBM software, the developerWorks Subscription also assists in fostering professional advancement in developers.
Along with access to an online download catalog, get your choice of CDs with four periodic shipments during the 12-month subscription, or an industry-leading custom CD option for choosing only the products you want - when you want them.
New in this release:
· New name. IBM developerWorks Subscription (formerly known as the IBM developerWorks Toolbox subscription).
· New ordering channels. Now available via IBM direct sales representatives, resellers, telesales, and ibm.com.
· New part numbers. To facilitate ordering by IBM direct sales representatives and resellers, and provide renewal and trade-up part numbers.
· New support incident packs. Packs of five or ten to choose from in addition to single incidents.
For more information, visit the IBM developerWorks Subscription Web site at:
· Online access to the developerWorks Subscription requires an HTML browser.
· developerWorks Subscription CDs require a computer system with a CD-ROM Drive.
· Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view or print some contents.
· INFOZIP UNZIP utility is required for compressed contents.
· Individual content may have their own hardware and software prerequisites which are provided in the softcopy documentation that is part of the product.
January 13, 2004: Media and documentation
At a glance
The IBM developerWorks Subscription provides:
· More subscription options: Starter Level, Professional Level, or Enterprise Level. Whether you are an Eclipse developer, Java developer, professional J2EE developer, lead architect needing access to the latest software, or some other type of practitioner - there is a level to meet your needs.
· Continuous updates: Maximize ROI and lower your labor costs with superior developer productivity and the flexibility of a "portal-like" integration of best-of-breed tools. Access an extensive online download catalog of products, tools, and information - what you need, when you need it.
· Cost effective: Lower your cost of ownership and minimize startup investment. One annual fee gets you access to a comprehensive portfolio of IBM tools, middleware, and technologies.