Press Release Summary:
Consisting of stabilized n-propyl bromide solvent with KB value of 130, EnSolv can be used in existing vapor degreasing equipment with only minor alterations to programs and temperature settings. Non-flammable product offers mid-range temperature operation, low global warming potential, and biodegrades readilyÂ in environment. Available as replacement for HCFC-225, EnSolv NEXTÂ high-trans, fluorinated solvents feature KB value of 91, zero ozone depletion potential, and low global warming potential.
Original Press Release:
Are You Looking to Replace Trichloroethylene?
Over the past several years, there has been a clear global trend for regulatory agencies to push for the substitution of Trichloroethylene (TCE) with more environmentally responsible alternatives. This can be a daunting task for those using TCE as a critical part of their solvent cleaning operations, however there are viable alternatives available.
EnSolv is a direct, drop-in replacement solvent for TCE that can be used in existing vapor degreasing equipment with only minor alterations to programs and temperature settings. EnSolv is a stabilized n-propyl bromide solvent with a superior KB value of 130, which is very comparable to TCE (129). In most cases, EnSolv will clean parts as well or better than TCE, making the transition to EnSolv virtually seamless. Other benefits of EnSolv nPB solvents include:
- High Stability – even with titanium, light metals and alloys
- Simple drop-in replacement for trichloroethylene and other chlorinated solvents
- Very high solvency power for exceptionally fast cleaning
- Mid-range temperature operation, which reduces energy use, promotes a faster cleaning cycle, and makes parts easier to handle post-cleaning
- Versatility – uses EnSolv in any vapor degreasing equipment for improved productivity and lower maintenance
- US EPA snap approval
- Low global warming potential
- Non flammable (no flash point)
- Biodegrades readily in the environment
- Lowest cost alternative to TCE and other solvents
As with any solvent-based solution, there are potential negatives which may be associated with the use of EnSolv. The primary concerns are based on potential health hazards. Although there are no known cases of negative health effects in industries where nPB solvents are used appropriately, there are published cases of severe overexposure leading to neurological effects. These have primarily arisen from case studies in the adhesives industry, where nPB was at one time used as a carrier solvent for foam cushion adhesives. There are no known cases of long-term, negative health effects from the use of nPB in the precision cleaning and vapor degreasing sectors.
Nevertheless, the potential concern over nPB toxicity has caused some companies to look into other alternatives. Enviro Tech has addressed these customers directly by introducing the EnSolv NEXT line of high-trans, fluorinated solvents. EnSolv NEXT has a number of benefits over similar high-trans fluorinated solvents like DuPont Vertrel, 3M Novec and others, in addition to being a viable alternative to chlorinated solvents or nPB solvents.
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
- Low Global Warming Potential
- Low-Cost Relative to other Fluorinated Alternatives
- Available NOW as a Replacement for HCFC-225 (AK-225)
- High Stability (No Stabilizer Additions or Testing Required)
- No Flash Point
- High KB Value (91)
- High 200 ppm Safe Exposure Maximum
- Contributes to a Safer Workplace
EnSolv NEXT has one of the highest solvency ratings of all of the high-trans fluorinated alternative solvents. It is also competitively priced, making it the best all-around choice to replace chlorinated solvents or nPB solvents. EnSolv NEXT has successfully replaced AK-225, TCE, nPB, Vertrel SDG, 3M Novec 72DE and many other solvents.
No matter what your reason for seeking an alternative solvent to Trichloroethylene, Enviro Tech has a solution that will work for you. Contact us today for more information or a free sample test. Enviro Tech can also support you by test cleaning sample parts for you, or by offering a complete clean-out, neutralization and charging procedure for your conversion through our affiliates at Power-Kleen.