Press Release Summary:
Offering integrated conceptual engineering workflow, aspenONE v7 for Process Engineering enables process industry companies to achieve 7 best practices. Master data model enables asset management across entire lifecycle, while vendor-neutral interface links basic to detailed engineering. Along with virtualization technology support, features include out-of-the-box modeling functionality, physical property database, and equation-oriented/sequential modular simulation.
Original Press Release:
AspenTech Introduces aspenONE V7 for Process Engineering
-Groundbreaking Release of aspenONE Software Enables the Seven Best Practices of Engineering Excellence-
BURLINGTON, Mass. 8 September 2008 -- Aspen Technology, Inc., a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, today introduced aspenONE V7 for Process Engineering. The new release of aspenONE software enables process industry companies to achieve the seven best practices of engineering excellence.
o The best practices enabled by aspenONE V7 reflect proven, state-of-the-art engineering work processes used by leading AspenTech customers. These process manufacturers and engineering & construction companies include global leaders such as Dow, BP, BASF, Fluor and Technip.
o Guided by input from AspenTech's leading customers around the world, aspenONE V7 delivers innovations and enhancements that make it easier for engineering teams to "do more with less" in the face of shrinking human resources and increasing market demand.
o Building upon previous innovations from AspenTech, aspenONE V7 includes several process engineering "industry firsts" -
- An integrated conceptual engineering workflow via a single user interface. This tightly integrates simulation, equipment design and economic analysis, and enables simultaneous rather than sequential engineering.
- A patented master data model (MDM) that enables process manufacturers to effectively manage assets across the entire lifecycle - from design through operations.
- An industry-standard, vendor-neutral interface (ISO 15926-compliant) that links basic to detailed engineering, enabling workflow across multiple types of engineering teams who need to work together on global projects.
- Out-of-the-box modelling functionality for coal gasification, bio-fuels, and other alternative energy sources.
- The industry's most comprehensive physical property database incorporating over 23,000 components, developed in collaboration with the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST), supporting complex process modelling and optimisation requirements.
- The integration of both equation-oriented and sequential modular approaches to simulation for the Energy industry.
o aspenONE V7 software also delivers additional IT and usability innovations that provide fast and easy access for users across the enterprise and simplify deployment and management of the software:
- "Virtualisation ready" software support for leading virtualisation technologies from Microsoft, VMware and Citrix, dramatically reducing deployment time from months to weeks.
- The introduction of the Aspen Licensing Center. The Licensing Center graphically displays how aspenONE engineering products are used across the enterprise, making it easier to identify and replicate best practices, and simplifying access of new products through on-demand evaluation. (See AspenTech's Aspen Licensing Center press release for more information.)
- New operator training simulation (OTS) with a new model integration framework to help operators get up-to-speed faster and better manage plant performance.
- Pop-up Viewlets providing instant help and guidance throughout aspenONE V7.
o As a result of the many innovations in aspenONE V7, process industry companies can better respond to today's most pressing market challenges --
- Rapidly responding to increased capacity needs - through more efficient engineering and re-use of engineering knowledge in operations.
- Identifying optimal energy management solutions during design - through an integrated conceptual engineering workflow.
- Accelerating alternative energy projects - through proven process models and engineering tools tailored for these markets.
- Executing larger, more complex projects with fewer engineers - through global project execution and a collaborative framework.
- Achieving greater engineering efficiency - through the ability to support multiple engineering projects on a single PC.
- Improved response to environmental regulations - through accurate modelling of CO2 and acid gas removal.
aspenONE V7 is available immediately. For more information, visit www.aspentech.com.
Mark Fusco, AspenTech President & CEO
o "aspenONE V7 changes the game in process engineering. It is the culmination of over 25 years of focus and leadership by AspenTech in the process industries. aspenONE V7 was developed by the brightest minds in process engineering software, working closely with AspenTech customers who are the world's leading process industry companies. It represents a major next step in our relentless drive to make it easier for process manufacturers to achieve operational excellence through process optimisation."
Jerry Gipson, Director of Engineering Solutions, Dow Chemical, a $54B diversified chemical company
o "Over the past several years, Dow has been optimising its engineering workflow to accelerate the transition from Conceptual Design to Basic and Detailed Engineering, and we are always glad to see new offerings that support these efforts. The integration of process simulation with model-based economic analysis and equipment design improves our engineering efficiency, and reduces the potential for error from manual transfer of data. Automation of data flow among its engineering tools allows Dow to develop better, more economical process designs with a higher return on capital investment."
Ashish Shah, Project Automation Director, Fluor, a $16B engineering & construction company
o "For Fluor, the ability to collaborate with licensors, Owner-Operators and subcontractors through data exchange is an important element to executing projects globally. AspenTech is on the right track with aspenONE V7 in adding important usability and functionality to help project teams be more productive. Aspen Basic Engineering, formerly known as Aspen Zyqad, is a global reference software at Fluor."
Dr. Sid Snitkin, VP & GM of Enterprise Advisory Services, ARC Advisory Group
o "Companies that can operationalise proven best practices are better able to achieve optimal performance from engineering through manufacturing. Products like aspenONE V7 that can provide the foundation for best practices will help process manufacturers optimise the value of their assets over the entire plant lifecycle - design, build, operate and maintain."
Dr. Ric Jackson, Executive Director, FIATECH Consortium
o "FIATECH is pleased to see a major vendor of tools for Conceptual and Basic Design embrace ISO 15926. Because of aspenONE V7's integrated workflow, fully automated design and operation of process facilities can now be extended back into the early stages of the asset lifecycle for the first time."
Link to more information at www.aspentech.com/V7
The 7 Best Practices of Engineering Excellence overview
The 7 Best Practices of Engineering Excellence webinar series
The 7 Best Practices of Engineering Excellence multimedia presentation
aspenONE V7 brochure
Link to more information at www.aspentech.com/corporate/press/media_kit.cfm
What the Industry is Saying About aspenONE V7
aspenONE V7 Screen Shots
AspenTech company information
AspenTech is a leading global supplier of software that optimises process manufacturing. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimising their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. To see how the world's leading process manufacturers rely on AspenTech to achieve their operational excellence goals, visit www.aspentech.com.
© 2008 Aspen Technology, Inc. AspenTech, aspenONE and the Aspen leaf logo are trademarks of Aspen Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.