Press Release Summary:
IBM eserver Integrated Platform for e-business on zSeriesÂ® v2.3 enables creation of enterprise portals and security-rich e-business infrastructure with single sign-on capability. It incorporates SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for S/390Â® SP3, WebSphere Application Server v5.1 or WebSphere Portal Enable v5.0.2, and options include WebSphere MQ v5.3 Server, DB2 ConnectÂ® Application Server, IBM Directory Server V5.1 and Tivoli Access Manager for e-business v5.1.
Original Press Release:
IBM eServer Integrated Platform for e-business on zSeries V2.3 -- Quick and Easy Deployment of on Demand Solutions
The new release of IBM eserver Integrated Platform for e-business (IPeB) on zSeries® extends the IBM focus to provide Linux-based tested1 on demand solutions tailored through the use of custom scripts. This solution offering can provide you with the ability to respond faster to customer demand and market opportunities and take advantage of reduced costs and speed of deployment.
Also this release helps to support the specific needs of banks to create a multichannel branch banking environment, by adding key components for expanding portal usage across bank branch networks, and providing options to include WebSphere® MQ Server and Tivoli® Access Manager.
The software component package is enhanced as follows:
· New software products and upgrades to the latest version level for:
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for S/390® SP3 - upgrade (delivered directly to the customer by SuSE)
- WebSphere Application Server V5.1 (an upgrade), or WebSphere Portal Enable V5.0.2 - new
· Additional optional software components:
- WebSphere MQ V5.3 Server - new
- IBM Tivoli Access Manager for e-business V5.1 - new
Building an on demand environment means starting with a proper foundation in place - and with IPeB on zSeries, you get it. The offering can be enhanced by additional options, which can be purchased from IBM Global Services and TotalStorage® and which can be financed through IBM Global Financing. The environment provides you with a building block for your on demand transition, because it:
· Can be used to build a foundation for new branch banking applications and systems
· Uses open standards and industry technologies including Linux and WebSphere
· Can help you to reduce cost
· Makes the deployment of an e-business infrastructure fast and easy
· Combines robust security and performance
1 While expected to execute on all zSeries hardware, the Integrated Platform for eBusiness has been tested only on selected zSeries hardware.
Planned availability date
February 27, 2004
At a glance
IBM eserver Integrated Platform for e-business (IPeB) on zSeries V2.3 enables the creation of enterprise portals and a security-rich e-business infrastructure with single sign-on capability. It delivers the latest software components (as described above) and can be combined with certain hardware components as well.
The following software components are available as part of V2.3:
· SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for S/390 SP3 (delivered by SuSE directly to the customer)
· z/VM® 4.4 including DirMaint(TM)
· WebSphere Application Server V5.1 or WebSphere Portal Enable V5.0.2
· WebSphere MQ V5.3 Server (optional component)
· DB2 Connect® Application Server Edition V8.1.4 and DB2 Universal Database® (UDB) Enterprise Server Edition V8.1.4 (optional components)
· Tivoli Access Manager for e-business V5.1 (optional component)
· IBM Directory Server V5.1 (optional component)
IPeB on zSeries V2.3 can help you add on demand capabilities to your e-business, which can result in increased efficiency and reduced costs.
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or the Americas Call Centers at 800-IBM-CALL Reference: ME001