Press Release Summary:
Providing isolated and linear 4–20mA output proportional to input, THZ3 and TDZ3 are 2-wire transmitters configurable to accept direct signal input from diverse sensors and analog devices. In addition to enabling backup and fail-over protection, dual sensor input allows 15 transmitters to be multi-dropped on one digital HARTÂ® loop to monitor 30 temperature points. Other features include average and differential measurement, 20-bit input resolution, and sensor drift and corrosion detection.
Original Press Release:
Moore Industries Launches Next Generation of Smart HART® Dual Input Temperature Transmitters with THZ3 and TDZ3
NORTH HILLS, CA — Moore Industries has released the THZ3 and TDZ3, the company’s next generation of Smart HART temperature transmitters. These products feature Moore Industries’ industry leading durability and reliability combined with several new features that increase usability and functionality including a new dual sensor input.
The THZ3 and TDZ3 2-wire (loop powered) transmitters provide an isolated and linear 4-20mA output proportional to input. They configure quickly and easily to accept a direct signal input from a wide array of sensors and analog devices including:
• 14 RTD types and nine thermocouple types
• Resistance and potentiometer devices
• Direct millivolt sources
The dual sensor input allows the THZ3 and TDZ3 to offer backup and fail-over protection, with either of the sensors or inputs designated as the primary measurement and the secondary input acting as a backup sensor in case of a primary sensor failure. Additionally, by utilizing this dual input capability, 15 THZ3 or TDZ3 transmitters can be multi-dropped on one digital HART loop to monitor 30 temperature points. This substantially lowers wiring costs.
Other benefits associated with the dual input sensors include:
• Average and Differential measurement to average the two input measurements or select either the differential (A-B or B-A) or absolute difference between the two inputs.
• High-Select and Low-Select features which enable the transmitter to continuously monitor two separate inputs and designate either the highest or lowest input as the source for the analog output or PV.
• Dynamic Variable Mapping that permits the user to assign either the input or the calculated result of the inputs to any of the four HART variables (PV, SV, TV and QV) that can be read by any HART-compatible host system.
The THZ3 and TDZ3 come with Device Intelligence, a series of features for smarter control and monitoring including:
• Sensor drift and corrosion detection that checks and alerts users when the sensor is drifting out of a preset range or when the resistance due to corrosion exceeds set parameters.
• Smart range alarms with four HART alarms – set to any input or calculated input – that detect when the variable is within or outside of user preset limits.
• A High Availability option that enables the selection of how the AO behaves when there is an input failure or out-of-range value detected by the transmitter. This prevents nuisance alarms on startups or batch process shutdowns.
• Input simulation capability allowing manual input of a direct or calculated value. This essentially simulates a real input, allowing users to test the AO or any HART diagnostic and range alarms.
Users can rely on the accuracy and dependability of the THZ3 and TDZ3. Their input-to-output analog accuracy of up to ±0.014°C (±0.025°F) utilizing sensor matching and trimming over a 100°F span is the absolute best in the industry. The transmitters feature 20-bit input resolution and deliver exceptional input accuracy for all sensor types.
Plus, Moore Industries’ patented continuous sensor diagnostics feature can save you from costly lost production and hours of troubleshooting. Advanced RFI/EMI protection and ambient temperature compensation guard against environmental factors that can quickly degrade measurement accuracy, while long-term stability provides up to 5 years between scheduled calibrations.
The THZ3 and TDZ3 transmitters are HART 7 compliant with exception-based reporting and dynamic variable mapping. They are HART and DTM programmable with user-oriented basic configuration for fast and accurate setup. Utilizing the HART DD they can be configured and interrogated on the 4-20mA loop via any HART handheld communicator or HART compatible host. Users can also program or monitor the transmitters with any FDT compliant host or program, such as PACTware using the THZ3/TDZ3 DTM.
About Moore Industries-International, Inc.:
Based in North Hills, CA, Moore Industries is a world leader in the design and manufacture of rail, panel and field instruments for industrial process control and monitoring, system integration and factory automation. The company has direct sales offices in the United States and additional strategic worldwide locations in Australia, Belgium, the Netherlands, the People's Republic of China and the United Kingdom. The company serves a variety of industries such as chemical and petrochemical; power generation and transmission; petroleum extraction, refining and transport; pulp and paper; food and beverage; mining and metal refining; pharmaceuticals and biotechnology; industrial machinery and equipment; water and wastewater; and environmental and pollution monitoring.
For more information on Moore Industries, visit www.miinet.com.