Press Release Summary:
VMICPCI-7756 CompactPCI, Pentium III FC-PGA 370 socket single board computer has PC-133 memory and offers processor speeds up to 1.26 GHz. Based on Intel's 815E chipset, it includes dual PMC expansion sites, on-board Fast Ethernet controller supporting 10BaseT and 100BaseTX interfaces, and 32 Kbyte nonvolatile SRAM. AGP graphics adapter supports high-resolution graphics and multimedia-quality video.
Original Press Release:
VMIC Delivers 1.26 GHz Single-Slot CompactPCI Single-Board Computer
Huntsville, AL (October 2, 2001). VMIC introduces the VMICPCI-7756, a CompactPCI Pentium III FC-PGA 370 socket processor-based single-board computer with a 133 MHz system bus, PC-133 memory, and processor speeds up to 1.26 GHz-all in a single slot. The VMICPCI-7756 is based on Intel's next-generation 815E chipset, providing an optimal combination of performance and features.
The VMICPCI-7756 features dual PMC expansion sites and an on-board Fast Ethernet controller supporting 100BaseT and 100BaseTX interfaces. An AGP graphics adapter built into the 815E chipset supports high-resolution graphics and multimedia-quality video. The VMICPCI-7756 complies with PICMG 2.1 Rev.1.0 standard for CompactPCI high-availability hot swap.
* Up to 1.26 GHz Pentium III processor with 512 Kbyte advanced transfer cache
* Up to 512 Mbyte PC-133 SDRAM using a single SODIMM
* Internal AGP SVGA controller with 4 Mbyte display cache
* 133 MHz system bus via Intel 815E chipset
* On-board Fast Ethernet controller supporting 10BaseT and 100BaseTX interfaces
* On-board Ultra DMA/100 hard drive and floppy drive controllers with CompactPCI backplane I/O
* Up to 192 Mbyte IDE CompactFlash (optional)
* Two 16-bit and two 32-bit programmable timers
* 32 Kbyte of nonvolatile SRAM
* Remote Ethernet booting
* Dual PMC expansion sites
* Peripheral-slot SBC (embedded 64-bit PCI bridge allows on-board Pentium IlIl processor to operate independent of the CompactPCI bus)
* Compliant with PICMG 2.1 Rev. 1.0 for high-availability hot swap
* 64-bit, 33 MHz CompactPCI (primary) bus support
* Windows NT, Windows 2000, VxWorks, Solaris, QNX, LynxOS, and Linux.