Press Release Summary:
Emisstar Testing Services program offers solutions for assessing emissions and energy technology under real-world conditions. It is comprised of Test Channel(TM) network of national testing facilities for engine and chassis dynamometer testing, on-vehicle Portable Emissions Measurement Systems, and Low-Cost Carbon Measurement (LCCM(TM)) platform. Program targets applications related to vehicles, technology, fuels, policy, and regulatory compliance.
Original Press Release:
Emisstar's New Testing Services Delivers National Network of Engine and Vehicle Test Facilities and On-Vehicle Measurement Systems
Emisstar now offers solutions for assessing emissions and energy technology under real-world and laboratory conditions
NEW YORK, Feb. 3 / / - Emisstar today announced the launch of Emisstar Testing Services, comprised of three key areas:
- Test Channel(TM) - Emisstar's network of nationally recognized testing facilities for engine and chassis dynamometer testing,
- Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS) - On-vehicle measurement instrumentation providing energy and emissions performance evaluation under real-world conditions and
- Low-Cost Carbon Measurement (LCCM(TM)) - Telematics-integrated, carbon measurement technology platform for commercial vehicle applications.
Testing Services expands upon Emisstar's well-established energy and emissions engineering and policy expertise by adding in-use emissions testing, partnerships with leading national testing facilities and greenhouse gas measurement capabilities to our core competencies.
Given mounting pressures to improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and mitigate carbon risk across the global supply chain, Emisstar utilizes these state-of-the art tools to help clients develop effective solutions to energy and emissions challenges.
Emisstar's Testing Services will compliment an existing suite of services for clients looking to evaluate energy and emissions performance under real-time and laboratory conditions for a variety of applications, including:
- Engine and vehicle certification;
- Diesel emissions control technology verification;
- Development of clean, energy-efficient vehicle technologies including alternative engines and powertrain systems, fuels and lubricants, and components;
- Technology performance evaluation using EPA SmartWaySM test procedures;
- Criteria emissions, including NOx, PM, HC and CO;
- Greenhouse gas emissions, including CO2;
- Providing the technological link between transportation offset projects and carbon markets.
- Hybrid electric and inherently low emission vehicles
- Energy intelligent systems
- Energy storage and conversion technology
- Alternative, renewable and low carbon fuels
- Energy, emissions and air quality modeling and policy
- Voluntary and regulated carbon markets
- Regulatory compliance
- Government policy makers
- Telematic system, software and GPS providers
- OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers and emission control technology providers
- Academic, governmental, research and non-profit institutions
- Sustainable mobility companies
- Clean vehicle technology providers
"The launch of Testing Services represents a defining moment in addressing the challenges of the mobile sources energy and emissions community," emphasized Emisstar CTO Michael Block. "By providing empirical data, energy and emissions models can be better validated, green products can be more expeditiously commercialized and green vehicle technology users can better assess their ROI."
"Today Emisstar positions itself as a leading services provider to public and private sector participants in the low carbon economy," added Emisstar CEO Glenn P. Goldstein. "Our suite of testing services enables companies to more effectively transition into an environment where energy efficiency, emission reductions and carbon management differentiate the technology leaders and innovators from the followers."
About Emisstar LLC
Emisstar LLC is a consulting practice focusing on energy, emissions and sustainable technologies for the transportation sector. Additional information can be found at www.emisstar.com.
Source: Emisstar, LLC