Press Release Summary:
Housed in BladeCenter chassis, eserver BladeCenter JS20 blade servers include 2 processors with 800 MHz front-side bus and full-speed 512 KB ECC L2 cache. They offer Dual Gigabit Ethernet connections with teaming and failover support, integrated IDE controller, support for Fibre Channel connections, and 512 MB system memory with ECC support. Management processor monitors critical components on each blade for remote and local systems-management.
Original Press Release:
IBM eserver BladeCenter JS20 - Fast 1.6 GHz SMP Processor Brings POWER Technology to the BladeCenter Environment
Increase the flexibility of your high-density BladeCenter(TM) with IBM eserver BladeCenter JS20 blade servers with PowerPC® 970 (PPC 970), 1.6 GHz processors.
This new offering includes two standard 1.6 GHz processors with a standard 800 MHz front-side bus (FSB). Install these blades in a new BladeCenter or upgrade an existing BladeCenter installation.
The JS20 blade server, in a BladeCenter chassis, offers advanced application serving with performance, density, and scalability.
At your command are two powerful PPC 970 processors, high-speed memory, dual Gigabit Ethernet connections, and comprehensive high-availability and systems-management features.
The PPC 970 processor is derived from the POWER4(TM) technology. It enhances the POWER4 instruction set with 162 Single Instruction/Multiple Data (SIMD) instructions that allow many processing elements to perform the same operations on different data in parallel. This SIMD capability increases the performance of the JS20 blade server for many compute-intensive applications.
Enhanced performance is in conjunction with the new economic approach to the deployment of large numbers of powerful servers that require less space and power resources inherent in the BladeCenter chassis.
Powerful blade-thin computing: The IBM eserver BladeCenter chassis and IBM eserver BladeCenter JS20 blade servers are the key components to building your blade configuration. Optionally available Ethernet and Fibre Channel switches support advanced configurations.
Additional information on BladeCenter and related options is available from our Web site:
JS20 blade - Performance and highly scalable
· Two 1.6 GHz PowerPC 970 processors with full-speed 512 KB ECC L2 cache
· Standard 512 MB system memory with ECC support, supporting up to 4 GB maximum
· Dual Gigabit Ethernet connections with teaming and failover support
· Integrated management processor monitors critical components on each blade for remote and local systems-management
· ATA-100 IDE controller with economical interface for up to two 40 GB IDE HDDs
Service and support perfected for e-business
· IBM Director V4.12
· Service processor
· Three-year, limited warranty
· BladeCenter chassis 1,800-watt power supply
· Network switch module
Planned availability date
March 5, 2004
At a glance
Revolutionizing the economics of application server deployment with power, scalability, control, and serviceability
New BladeCenter Blade Servers
· Two 1.6 GHz PowerPC 970 processors
· High-speed 512 MB double data rate (DDR) ECC SDRAM memory standard
· Dual Gigabit Ethernet connections with failover support
· Support for Fibre Channel connections
· Integrated systems management processor
· Integrated IDE controller and connectors for two IDE HDDs
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or the Americas Call Centers at 800-IBM-CALL Reference: YE001
This announcement is provided for your information only. For additional information, contact your IBM representative, call 800-IBM-4YOU, or visit the IBM home page at: www.ibm.com.