Press Release Summary:
Falcon(TM) Self-Retracting Lifeline is available in 20, 30, 50, and 65 ft models with galvanized wire and stainless steel wire rope. Features include corrosion-resistant, stainless steel and aluminum internal components; side payout design; and smooth, quiet operation. Spring retraction tension is designed not to pull or drag on worker, and dual swivels prevent lifeline from twisting during use.
Original Press Release:
New Miller® Falcon(TM) Self-Retracting Lifeline Offers Xtreme Durability
With a lifetime housing guarantee, the high impact-resistant nylon housing proves to be virtually indestructible
Smithfield, R.I. - (March 29, 2004) - A new line of Miller Falcon(TM) Self-Retracting Lifelines (SRLs) exceeded a series of extreme durability performance tests that included being run over by a utility van, dropped from 20 feet, and hit with a hammer. When used in tough, rugged environments, the Falcon SRL sets a new standard as the lightest, strongest and most indestructible retractable lifeline on the market today. Available in 20-, 30-, 50- and 65-foot models in both galvanized wire and stainless steel wire rope, the Falcon SRL line features:
· A lifetime housing guarantee on the high impact-resistant, nylon housing specially-designed with durable, smooth-round edges
· Corrosion-resistant stainless steel and aluminum internal components extend service life & reduce replacement costs
· Lightest composite unit that is easy to handle and transport to/from jobsites
· Unique side payout design reduces wear on the entry guide bushing and cable for smooth operation with less drag
· Smooth, quiet operation; engineered spring retraction tension designed not to pull or drag on a worker to improve productivity and reduce fatigue
· Built-in, ergonomically-designed molded handle on the 50- and 65-foot units provides support and leverage when attaching to overhead anchorage; easy to install
· Dual swivels (unit top and snap hook) included on all models to prevent the lifeline from twisting during use
· New, improved load indicator on the snap hook identifies when the unit needs to be removed from service
· No annual factory recertification is required* lowering cost of ownership and increasing productivity
* Except in Canada where the Canadian Standards Association requires annual factory recertification
All Miller Falcon SRL models include a tagline and carabiner. All Miller® brand products meet applicable OSHA, ANSI, CSA and CE requirements.
For more information on the new Miller Falcon SRL, contact your nearest Miller Distributor or call Miller Customer Service, Toll Free: 800/873-5242, Fax: 800/892-4078, or visit the Website at www.bacou-dalloz.com
Miller Fall Protection is a division Bacou-Dalloz(TM), the world leader in the design, manufacturing and sale of personal protection safety equipment with leading, premium brands such as Uvex®, Miller®, Howard Leight®, Perfect Fit®, Willson® and Survivair®. Bacou-Dalloz provides unmatched head-to-toe protection through three core businesses: protection of the head, including respiratory, hearing and eye protection (gas detectors and respirators, earmuffs and ear plugs, safety eyewear and eyewash products); fall protection (harnesses, lanyards, lifelines and fall arrest systems); and body protection (gloves, clothes and shoes). The group supports a wide range of business segments including industrial, construction, telecommunications, medical, public services and, through its distributor partners, offers the most comprehensive choice of products to protect people from hazards in work environments or wherever they are at risk of injury.