Field spectroscopy is an important tool for mining exploration.
Den-Ham — Using spectrometers and spectroradiometers for mining exploration allows for the collection of data that can be applied to geological surveys, alteration zones mapping, mineral identification, and geomorphology applications. Geosense will be showing SPECTRAL EVOLUTION PSR-3500 spectroradiometer for geological remote sensing and mining exploration at the MENA Mining Show in Booth #A42.
As a leading remote sensing and geological consultant with 25 worldwide years of experience in mineral exploration and geologic mapping, GEOSENSE offers a wide range of services for regional exploration, project scale mapping, drill core logging, and environmental impact analysis.
The PSR-3500 spectroradiometer delivers the capabilities necessary to study the effects of natural events, perform mineral identification, and map changes in mineralogical composition.
• Fast, full-spectrum UV/VIS/NIR measurements with just one scan
• Superior reliability for field use with 100% diode array optics and no moving parts to break down
• Field switchable optics for different target sizes and measurement modes
• Standalone operation – holds up to 1000 scans internally without a computer
• Bluetooth interface for wireless communication
• Lightweight, compact Li-ion rechargeable batteries
• Rugged, less than 8 lbs. and easy-to-carry
• Optional Getac PS336 micfrocomputer tags scans with GPS coordinates, photos, and voice notes, has a sunlight readable VGA screen, and stores an almost unlimited number of scans
All spectrometers are equipped with the exclusive DARWin SP Data Analysis software package so you can take advantage of the following analysis features:
• Automatically saves data as a compatible ASCII file to SpecMIN™, GRAMS or TSG™ software – no extra export function is necessary, no hours of post-processing the day’s scans
• Collect reference or target data with a single click
• Display reflectance/transmittance data (percentage) or absorbance (logarithmic) versus wavelength
• Single and multiple spectral plots available
• Compare current scans against libraries, including the USGS libraries
GEOSENSE can provide the PSR-3500 as a powerful tool to map various types of minerals and mineral properties, including:
• Phylosilicates, clays, chlorites, serpentine
• Hydroxilated silicates (e.g. amphibole, epidote)
• Silica varieties
• Sulphates and carbonates
• Compositional variations
• Crystallinity variations
For further information see:
Stop by our booth at MENA and see how we can work together for more affordable and accurate geological remote sensing.