Press Release Summary:
Used for contact-free inspection, single-axis TLAser1240™ measures diameter, height, or width up to 9.1 in. Multiple units may be used together for 2-axis (X/Y) inspection or 3-axis diameter and ovality measurements. Usable in such industries as metal, glass, wire and cable, and plastics and rubber extrusion, instrument makes 1,600 measurements/sec and offers repeatability of Â±.00008 in. (2 sec). Separate transmitter, receiver, and rigid mounting rail allow mounting in any orientation.
Original Press Release:
LaserLinc Announces TLAser1240(TM) Micrometer
DAYTON, OHIO – LaserLinc, Inc., a USA manufacturer of technology for precision measurement of diameter, ovality, wall thickness, concentricity, eccentricity and inside diameter is pleased to introduce the TLAser1240™ scanning laser micrometer, a new single-axis diameter gauge for the inspection of large products, quickly and accurately without contact.
The TLAser1240 micrometer measures diameter, height, or width up to 9.1 inches (231mm) and is designed for use in industries such as metal, glass, wire and cable, and plastics and rubber extrusion. For metals and glass, the transmitter and receiver components can be separated to keep away from moving product or equipment, as well as heat sources.
• Measure any material, even if transparent
• Fast inspection - 1,600 measurements per second. At 50 feet/minute, a measurement is made every .007” of product for virtual 100% coverage
• Repeatability (two second) - ±.00008” [±2µm
• Separate transmitter, receiver, and rigid mounting rail - mount in any orientation and out of the way of moving product and equipment
• Use two units together to get dual-axis (XY) inspection, or three for three-axis diameter and accurate ovality measurement
• Integrate with the Total Vu™ HMI using a standard Ethernet connection for complete product and process monitoring and control
• Integrate with line control PLCs using the SmartLinc™ processor and industrial communications such as EtherNet/IP
• FOUR-year warranty
According to Jeff Kohler, vice president of LaserLinc, “Prior to the TLAser1240, measuring large parts was a difficult task. This micrometer solves this problem with both speed and precision.”
About LaserLinc - LaserLinc specializes in laser and ultrasonic technology for precision measurement and inspection of diameter, ovality, material thickness or wall thickness, concentricity, eccentricity, and inside diameter. Our technology is known for increasing production efficiency, reducing scrap, process improvement, and increasing quality. LaserLinc serves a broad range of industries such as medical, automotive, and aerospace in a variety of applications including rubber/plastics extrusion (e.g. wire and cable, hose, pipe, tubing, monofilament), metals, glass, and metrology/inspection. All products made in USA, by American workers; LaserLinc is USA owned and operated.