Lawrence, MA – January 24, 2020 – A SPECTRAL EVOLUTION distributor in China, Azup International Group, Ltd., mounted a new RS-8800 field spectroradiometer on a drone and took some field scans.
The system included:
- A six rotor UAV
- RS-8800 field spectroradiometer with Gimbal stabilized fiber holder featuring tilt-angle sensor, auto-rangefinder and camera to automatically photograph and record field of view of the scanned image.
- Full automatic aerial survey
- Flight control triggering of data acquisition
- GPS coordinates simultaneously obtained
- Object image synchronization storage
- A variety of modes for route designation
- High resolution/low noise spectra
The RS-8800 field spectroradiometer is a full range (350-2500nm) high resolution/high sensitivity system including an Internet of Things (IoT) operating system that allows you to operate the system by iPhone, Android device, or tablet. In combination with our new Sensa/Tilt™ gimbal stabilijzed fiber holder, researchers can access and store more important field data in addition to their scans, including:
- A picture of the exact sample Field of View that you want to scan
- The angle of the scan
- The sun height angle
- The GPS location
The SR-8800 uses its IoT operating system to control the pistol grip functionality so that any user can get consistent scans. The IoT uses a WiFi network accessed by an Android device, iPhone or tablet for controlling the system and downloading data stored on the instrument.
Three different sets of scans were taken with the RS-8800 on the UAV.
For more information, visit:
About SPECTRAL EVOLUTION
Established in 2004, SPECTRAL EVOLUTION is a leading manufacturer of laboratory and handheld portable spectrometers, spectroradiometers and spectrophotometers. SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers are used worldwide for many mission-critical lab and field applications in mining, remote sensing, vegetative studies, ground truthing, environmental and climate studies, developing satellite calibrations, and more, due to their reliable, robust, rugged design and user-friendly one-touch features.
Marketing & Sales
1 Canal Street, Unit B1
Lawrence, MA 01840 USA