Press Release Summary:
- Helium cylinder includes integrated regulator that steps outlet supply pressure down to approximately 9,000 kPa
- Contains more gas than conventional cylinders yet possess similar dimensions, ergonomics and safety classification
- Calibration gas cylinder extends usable life of TMx gas cylinder from 3 years to 5 years
Original Press Release:
Qualitrol Releases New Gas Options for their Flagship Online DGA Monitor
Fairport, N.Y., May 14, 2019 /CNW/ -- Qualitrol is happy to announce two innovations that enhance the usability of their market leading online Gas Chromatography DGA monitor, TMx.
- Optional Helium carrier gas cylinder with a usage lifetime of 12 years – up from a previous 5 years
- Calibration gas lifetime has been extended to 5 years – up from previous 3 years
Qualitrol has teamed up with a global gas manufacturer to offer users of our TMx Online DGA monitor an innovative, ultra-high-volume Helium cylinder. The cylinders contain significantly more gas than conventional cylinders yet possess similar dimensions, ergonomics and safety classification. These cylinders utilize advanced materials to achieve an increased pressure rating. The valve on the cylinder includes an integrated regulator that steps the outlet supply pressure down to approximately 9,000 kPa (1,300 psig), so the new high capacity cylinder is immediately compatible with all our existing regulators and gas tubing.
- Increased volume of gas means the new cylinder will offer considerably longer durations between cylinder exchanges
- Purchasing a large supply of gas in one cylinder protects against any future gas commodity price increases
- Cylinder contents are always displayed, even without a regulator attached thanks to the integrated pressure gauge
- Practically, this innovation means that only one cylinder exchange is required to provide the monitor with a lifetime of carrier gas – up to 24 years of gas with one exchange
Based on a proprietary and verifiable production and testing processes, coupled with industry experience and access to a global network of research and development facilities our calibration gas supplier, working with Qualitrol, have created an innovative calibration gas cylinder that extends the usable life of the TMx calibration gas cylinder from 3 years to 5 years.
This change effects on the lifetime only. Physical size and operation remain unchanged.
- The cylinder need only be replaced every 5 years as compared to the previous version which expired after 3 years
This is a step change in the use of Gas Chromatography for online dissolved gas analysis: These two innovations result in a 60% reduction in site visits to manage consumable gases while ensuring the Qualitrol Serveron TMx monitor provides lifelong, high accuracy, laboratory grade DGA data.
Established in 1945, Qualitrol is one of the largest and most trusted global suppliers of condition monitoring solutions for transformers, generators and other high-value electrical assets globally. At Qualitrol we are defining condition monitoring.
Source Qualitrol Corp