Press Release Summary:
MiniBooster(TM) is offered in 1- and 2-pump packages, with simplex capacities from 20 to 110 gpm at boost of 20 to 55 psig, and duplex capacity that can reach 220 gpm. Both automatically adjust to system requirements, stopping during periods of low demand and restarting upon drop in system pressure. Close-coupled pumps have stainless steel casing and internals. Open, drip-proof motors range from 1.5 hp through 5 hp.
Original Press Release:
Bell & Gossett's New MiniBooster(TM) Pump Systems Provide Extra Pressure Boost When Needed
Morton Grove, IL. July 12, 2002 - Bell & Gossett has introduced its new MiniBooster(TM) systems - compact, easy-to-install and maintain pump packages for applications where sufficient main pressure is not available or elevation is a problem.
Typical installations for this product include residences, apartment and condominium buildings, and light commercial applications. The MiniBooster is available in one- and two-pump packages, with simplex capacities from 20 to 110 GPM at a boost of 20 to 55 psig, and a duplex capacity that can reach 220 GPM.
Both the one- and two-pump MiniBooster systems automatically adjust to system requirements, stopping during periods of low demand and restarting upon a drop in system pressure. The duplex models provide automatic alternation to permit even pump usage, and units can be sized to act a 100% stand by or stage pumps based on demand. Lag pump will start automatically upon failure of lead pump, and pump failure is indicated at the panel.
MiniBooster system features include:
- Stainless steel piping and check valve (simplex units).
- Bronze check and isolation valves, all-copper piping and copper
headers (duplex units).
- Close-coupled pumps with stainless steel casing and internals.
- Pump motors that are open drip-proof from 1.5 hp through 5 hp.
- A control panel that utilizes single incoming power connection for both single-phase and for three-phase units that include fuses and an input disconnect switch.
- Protection of pump(s) from loss of water supply that utilizes 1/4-inch tap on suction manifold for an optional low suction pressure switch.
- All non-ferrous piping suitable for potable water applications.
In addition, the electrical panel is UL listed, NEMA 1 enclosure with voltages ranging from 230/1/60, 208-230/3/60 and 460/3/60. It includes a control power transformer, Hand-Off-Auto switch(s), pilot light(s) and minimum run timer to prevent short cycling.
Optional features available for the MiniBooster systems include:
- Pressure control valves
- 115/1/60 voltage
- Storage tank (standard tap provided on each MiniBooster for quick connection)
- Low suction pressure cutout
JIT Delivery Available
MiniBooster systems are stocked at Bell & Gossett and field office locations nationwide, making them available for quick delivery to contractors who, after installing a backflow preventer or other similar device required by local code, determine that the pressure at the inlet of the building is inadequate.
About Bell & Gossett
Bell & Gossett, a unit of ITT Industries, is a leading manufacturer of centrifugal pumps, hydronic specialties, heat exchangers, condensate handling equipment, and packaged systems for variable and constant speed pumping, heat transfer and pressure boosting. For more information contact Bell & Gossett: 8200 N. Austin Avenue, Morton Grove, IL 60053; phone 847/966-3700; fax 847/966-9052; or visit www.bellgossett.com.