Press Release Summary:
Combining variable frequency drive and PLC in one package, which can be mounted on fan cover of TEFC pump motor, Hydrovar eSV ensures constant pressure by varying pump speed as flow rates change. Drives are pre-programmed with patented pump specific software, designed for centrifugal pumps. MODBUS-compatible package uses included 4–20 mA transducer with 0–3,000 psi range. No external contactors, PLCs, or motor protection is required.
Original Press Release:
The Pump Shop introduces the Packaged e-SV Hydrovar Series
The Pump Shop, located in West Chester, PA, has added the Hydrovar eSV Packaged Systems to its product line.
The Hydrovar controller is a combination of a variable frequency drive and a programmable logic controller (PLC) in one compact package, which can be mounted on the fan cover of a TEFC pump motor. Drives are pre-programmed with patented pump specific software, designed for centrifugal pumps. They match pump output to a wide range of system conditions while protecting the pump, the motor and the pumping system.
Hydrovar drives provide superior system pressure control over a wide range of flow rates. As demand changes the drive adjusts the speed of the motor to compensate, keeping output pressure nearly constant. Hydrovar drives reduce energy usage and cost. By slowing the speed of the pump, the Hydrovar eliminates the inefficiencies of full speed systems. With lower energy and maintenance costs they can pay for themselves in under 2 years!
The Hydrovar Advantage
• Constant pressure with varying demand
– Hydrovar varies the pump speed as flow rates change
• No external contactors, PLC’s, or motor protection required
• Lower system maintenance costs
– Less equipment to buy and maintain
– Fewer starts and stops
– Eliminates water hammer
– No PRV valves or recirculation systems
• Space saving design: Drive mounted directly on vertical pump motor, with significantly smaller diaphragm tank.
• Software designed FOR pumps by pump engineers
• Control up to 8 pumps with full variable speed control
– Use combination of master and basic drives for most economical system solution
• Control up to 5 full speed pumps using 1 drive (with optional relay card and motor starters)
• MODBUS compatible
• Uses 4-20mA transducer similar to Aquavar product, 0-300 psi range. Transducer (sensor) included with drive!
About the Pump Shop:
The Pump Shop is one of the largest stocking distributors of Xylem/Goulds Pumps and offers sales, engineering, warranty service, OEM Application Assistance, parts and repair kits. Please contact us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone 610-431-6570, or visit our website www.pumpshop.com